Job title : Finance Officer- Hershey
Job Location : Ondo
Deadline : November 30, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
The position holder will support the Accounts Payable team in the upload of vendor invoices for payments. This role holder will work closely with supply chain to promptly resolve all pending invoices based on contract terms and conditions.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY: .
- Lead on invoice upload for the country office, ensuring all invoices are actioned within set timelines and vendors, receive value based on agreed timelines.
- Completely allocate all consolidated invoices before month end
- Manage the account payable accounts and ensure all corrective actions are completed before month end and year end close.
- Monthly analysis of spend and cost drivers for senior management decision.
- A thorough understanding of SCI safeguarding policy and applying these policies in his/her role.
- Review on a weekly basis, Open items for all suppliers and take corrective actions as required.
- Monitor invoice failure, troubleshooting and identifying the root cause of the failure and resolve accordingly.
- Actively support document archiving and audit process
- Any other task as assigned by the line manager within the role of the finance officer.
- Provide support in developing a master budget for Child Safeguarding to address gaps in compliance standard.
- HND/BSc. in accountancy
- Minimum 3 years’ experience and preferably with some experience in a complex organisation
- People management skills
- Professional accountancy qualifications
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Proficient in computer skills with an excellent working knowledge of spreadsheets and databases.
- Ability to prioritise own workload, work independently, be pro-active and innovative, and work to deadlines.
- Thorough understanding of financial system, accounting rules and audit guidelines, and how it interacts with other operational systems to maximise its information generating capabilities and accountability.
- Good interpersonal and team skills and proven ability to be flexible in demanding situations.
- Ability to handle a large volume of work systematically, effectively, and accurately.
- Ability to take ownership of all responsibilities and honour commitments; delivers outputs for which one has responsibility within prescribed time, cost and quality standards; operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules.
- An understanding of Nigeria local tax laws and other compliance regulations
- Ability to navigate new technologies easily
- Audit or consultancy experience
- Knowledge of Agresso
- Experience working in a multi donor environment is considered a very strong advantage.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Accounting / Financial Services jobs
- Finance Officer- Hershey jobs