Job title : Finance Officer (Billing)
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : November 22, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
- NSIA-LUTH Cancer Centre is seeking a full-time Finance Officer(Billing) to join our team located in Lagos State, Nigeria.
- This individual will be responsible for ensuring all billing operations are conducted in compliance with the organization’s policies and procedures.
- Finance Manager
- Full Time
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field
- Receive payments through various methods (cash, online payments etc.) and check for the eligibility of HMO/Corporate patients.
- Responsible for preparing bill estimate.
- Collect all the information needed to calculate bills receivable (order amounts, discount rates etc.)
- Determines patient invoice by capturing services noted in patient chart, clarifying services with physicians.
- Provides billing information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing third-party billings, accounts pending, and late charges data and trends.
- Check the data input on final bills to ensure accuracy.
- Uploads bills and claim forms online.
- Issues invoice by entering service data; calculating charges; mailing invoices.
- Maintains patient and invoice files by entering and adjusting data.
- Manage account balances to discover outstanding debts or other inconsistencies.
- Identifies responsible party by examining patient record.
- Issue customer account statements periodically or whenever necessary
- Send reminders for payments and contact patients when assigned.
- Update accounting records with new payments, balances, customer information etc.
- Answer questions and handle complaints from customers regarding bills.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Minimum of 2 years’ professional experience in billing and finance operations
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and analyze financial reports
- Experience with billing software and other accounting software
- Ability to maintain accurate records and meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Customer service experience is a bonus.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Finance, Healthcare, or Related Field.
- Adheres to laws and confidentiality guidelines.
- Proficient in MS Office especially Excel; working knowledge of Sage 200
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to be polite and compassionate without lacking confidence.
- Sound negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
How to Apply for this Offer
Qualified candidates are to send in their CVs and application letters to email@example.com
- Accounting / Financial Services jobs
- Finance Officer (Billing) jobs