Job title : Finance Manager -Norwegian Red Cross
Job Location : Abuja
Deadline : February 25, 2024
Quick Recommended Links
- The overall purpose of the Finance Manager (FM) is to account, monitor, control, manage and report Norwegian Red Cross (NorCross) funds and budgets at country level through results-based project management and risk management. The Finance Manager will be contracted by the IFRC with whom NorCross has established an Integration Agreement. The Finance Manager will be under the direct supervision of the NorCross Country Program Manager in Nigeria and report functionally to the NorCross Regional Finance Unit and Manager in Nairobi.
- In her/his capacity as Finance Manager, s/he is ultimately accountable for the budget and finances under the responsibility of the Nigeria Country Office. As member of the country management team, s/he contributes to the decision-making process with a particular focus on financial and administrative matters. Carry out financial analysis and supervise the accounting activities. S/he ensures that financial management is in line with Norwegian Red Cross policies and procedures and complies with NorCross contractual obligations. The position holder is expected to maintain high standards of integrity.
- This position is based within the Norwegian Red Cross country office in Abuja, Nigeria.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Overall responsible for accounting and financial management of NorCross Nigeria Country Programme funds and office.
- Responsible for quality assurance of accounting and financial control as per NorCross policies, rules and regulations
- Participate in the annual planning and budget process.
- Ensure regular financial reports are prepared as per NorCross requirements and obligations.
- Perform regular field visits and ensure adequate internal controls are in place.
- Proactively report regularly to the CPM about changes, problems and suggested solutions
- Provide guidance and finance related support to CPM and other NorCross staff to carry out their tasks effectively and efficiently.
- Participate in internal meetings.
- Follow up on and assist in the implementation of audit recommendations.
- Ensure adequate controls and measures within NorCross country programme to prevent fraud and corruption.
- Be well aware of NorCross objectives and activities in Nigeria.
Management and supervision of finances
- Maintain a complete overview of the Nigeria Country Programme finances, tasks and responsibilities.
- Set up and continuously appraise the procurement systems/processes that meet NorCross and donor procurement standards such as value for money, effectiveness, timeliness and quality products/services.
- Review payment vouchers prior to presentation to the CPM for final approval to ensure compliance with financial procedures.
- Consolidate and validate monthly cash forecasts.
- Facilitate, manage and control timely transfer of funds to the partner, NRCS to ensure that NorCross supported programmes are implemented efficiently.
- Monitor project transactions monthly including project advances & its liquidation and ensure that project accounting returns are received promptly in Abuja.
- Ensure the monthly project accounting returns are complete and accompanied by adequate supporting documents including bank reconciliations and cash counts where necessary.
- Perform regular visits to project sites and ensure adequate internal controls are in place.
- Collaborates with NRCS counterparts to ensure that financial documents from branches are received and processed on a timely basis.
- Represent the organization on financial-related issues both internally and externally.
- Participate in finance meetings requested by the NRCS and/or other partners in support of NRCS.
- Direct supervision of NorCross Finance officer
- Assist the CPM in the maintenance of NorCross country and field offices and equipment as necessary.
- Facilitate and manage office supplies.
- Assist the country office in local purchases.
- Maintain inventory of all assets.
- Maintain, manage contracts and agreements with local suppliers and service providers as required.
- Ensure regular financial reports (C4.2 & C4.3 including reconciliations, tertial and annual reporting) as directed by the Regional Finance Unit in Nairobi.
- Ensure monthly reconciliation of finances, monthly cash count and monthly BVAs/ GRMs
- Ensure adherence to NorCross and back donors’ reporting requirements policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Implement mechanism of compliance in collaboration with RO
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance or High Education (University or Institute).
- Professional certification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, etc.)
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in a similar function or a senior role with a humanitarian organization.
- Experience working in the humanitarian sector.
Knowledge, Skills and Languages
- Knowledge of key donor rules and requirements and finance and procurement best practices.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously with prioritization.
- Working experience with accounting software Agresso
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Good management and negotiation skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Very good knowledge of the political, social and cultural assigned environment
Competencies, Values and Comments
- National Society relations
- Communication – Teamwork
- Professionalism Integrity – Diversity
- Results focus and accountability.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Accounting / Financial Services jobs
- Finance Manager -Norwegian Red Cross jobs