2 weeks ago
Job title : Finance Manager
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : June 23, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
About the job
- We are looking for a reliable Financial Manager that will analyse every day financial activities and subsequently provide advice and guidance to upper management on future financial plans.
- The goal is to enable the company’s leaders to make sound business decisions and meet the company’s objectives.
Responsibilities Will Include But Are Not Limited To
Day-to-Day processing and financial processes
- Responsible for building, implementing and ongoing communication of accounting and finance processes, models and procedures to finance and operations.
- Responsible for new systems as well as changes to systems implementation and building of processes around new systems.
- Responsible for the successful implementation and on-going monitoring of daily and monthly controls and processes.
- Responsible for timeous identification and reporting of control weaknesses to the Senior Finance Manager.
- Responsible for setting up of systems, daily and monthly processes and controls for all new dealerships in line with current processes for current dealerships.
- Responsible for setting up reconciliations for all new dealerships.
- Review of all key financial reconciliations and ensuring that reconciliations are of a high quality and submitted timeously.
- Accountable for relevant Income statement and Balance sheet analytics and commentary.
- Responsible for branch accounting and inter-branch reconciliations.
- Responsible for ensuring all reporting deadlines are met.
- Accountable for day-to-day financial operations.
- Responsible for ensuring that all payments are processed accurately, timeously and meet tax obligations.
- Accountable for ensuring financial record management are complete and saved on servers.
Financial analysis and reconciliations
- Responsible for preparing financial reporting information in line with IFRS for all companies.
- Responsible for preparing monthly Income statement and Balance sheet analysis to understand dealership performance and improvement areas.
- Responsible for producing high quality reconciliations within your team.
- Responsible for preparing KPI reporting packs and presentations on performance.
- Accountable for working capital management and cashflow management for all dealerships.
Finance team management
- Responsible for managing the finance team including capacity management, team morale and skills development of the team
- Responsible for coaching and training junior leaders within the team i.e., Senior accountant and Accountants with the relevant leaderships skills to perform their role successfully.
- Responsible for guiding the team with prioritization of tasks, time management and quality of deliverables.
- Responsible for offering training to operations and finance team members on processes where necessary.
- Responsible for communicating clearly and respectfully with line manager, team members and operational teams. Responsible for treating all team members fairly.
- Responsible for all team members having a ramp up plan and clear expectations of their role.
- Responsible for managing mid-year and full-year audit processes of all entities.
- Responsible for implementing controls and processes to mitigate and reduce risk.
- Responsible for ad-hoc finance related functions and queries that may arise.
- Responsible for providing guidance and oversight to team.
- Responsible for assisting the senior finance manager with ad-hoc projects and acquisitions that may arise.
- Responsible for assisting other finance managers and being on stand-by when they are on leave.
- Responsible for taking accountability of the team and all team deliverables and ramp ups.
Qualifications And Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Finance or related field
- 5 – 10 years in a financial position
- ACA and/or ACTI is essential
- Fluency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Analytical and forecasting skills
- Experience in people management and building new processes
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Accounting / Financial Services jobs
- Finance Manager jobs