Job title : Finance Manager
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : October 15, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
- Responsible for the efforts, results, and success of an organisation’s finance department. Provides financial advice and support to help senior executives make key decisions.
- Heading up the Finance Department of the Nigerian Subsidiary.
- Oversee, review, and adhere to the company’s financial transaction processing systems and build a strong financial discipline and accountability in the system.
- Lead and perform monthly closing activities within deadlines (e.g loading of Net Sales, P or L, inventory, CAPEX, Balance Sheet into HFM; FX Revaluation, Account Payable Revaluation etc.).
- Define with General Manager and Finance Director the annual spend targets for the different functions.
- Ensure intercompany accounts are properly and timely reconciled in line with group laid down procedures.
- Manage the accounting, tax, Financial Planning, and treasury units efficiently and effectively.
- Ensure robustness of financials through proper and timely application of accounting guidelines; implement/apply controls as per Group policies and processes.
- Update and implement financial policies and procedures.
- Analyze and generate insights on Budget Performance to drive decisions and action plans.
- Direct and supervise preparation of all fiscal reporting, such as, filling of all tax returns, Transfer pricing returns and management of company’s tax exposure/risk.
- Ensure regular performance of inventory counts for all warehouses.
- Supervise financial assistants and other employees in the facilitation of day-to-day operations, including tracking financial data, invoicing, payroll, etc.
- Ensure timely engagement of external auditors to carry out statutory audit in line with local laws and group requirements.
- Maintain relations with external auditors and ensure timely completion of the statutory audit.
- Review the findings and recommendations made by the internal & external auditors and take corrective actions.
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies.
- Provide suitable directions and leadership during internal audit inspection and compliance monitoring.
- Work with the General Manager in running the business unit from a regulatory & an operational point of view.
- Work with Functional heads and teams to build their annual Operating Plan, Rolling Forecasts, and monthly Risk & Opps. for both Opex and CAPEX.
- Participate in the strategic planning process and key decisions such as business restructuring, annual operations plans, pricing decision, budgeting and rolling Forecasts.
- Contribute on the deployment of Group Initiatives (eg., new procurement processes, tools, etc.) within the division.
- Implement Standard Operating Procedures, operational best practices, and policies to improve the quality of company operations.
- Develop business cases and financial analysis for new product launches.
- Ensure that all the company’s financial practices are in line with statutory regulations and legislations.
- Monitor all open legal issues relating to financial matters.
- Maintain and administer internal control and compliance policy ensuring that all key risks are covered by appropriate rules.
- Report risk issues of the entity to the Board of Directors.
- Manage the company payroll alongside with the HR to ensure hitch free payment and adequate reporting.
- Establish and implement a training program for new finance employees.
- Work with human resources units to secure candidates who will be an asset to the finance department.
- Serve as a Business Partner to a broad range of stakeholders (R&D teams, Marketing, S&D, Sales, IT, Procurement, Human Resources…) in the execution of their Strategic and Operating Plans.
- Respect BIC culture and contribute to the execution of BIC’s innovation agenda.
- Advanced degree in accounting/business/finance
- Experience leading the finance function with direct reports
- Experience in the consumer goods industry and a blend of consulting is a strong plus
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Accounting / Financial Services jobs
- Finance Manager jobs