WaterAid’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Finance & IT Intern jobs in Abuja
Job Location : Abuja
Deadline : July 01, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
Reports to: Head of Finance and IT
Direct Reports: None
Travels: Potential travel to field to be determined based on needs.
Duration: 1 year
- The Finance & IT department provides leadership and support for financial management and IT across WaterAid Nigeria.
- The idea of this role of the Finance Intern is intended to be a learning and development opportunity for young professionals to gain exposure and build skills through work in an international development organization and potentially, build a crop of professionals with experience relevant to the international development or other professional sectors.
- A key responsibility of the intern will be to provide support to the Finance and IT department and the CP at large, in a number of capacities and activities. These will include:
- Ensure accuracy, security and documentation of petty cash and cash receipts. Be the custodian of office petty cash.
- Ensure that petty cash is maintained at agreed minimum levels through collection of cash from bank when required.
- Support in postings of transactions into SUN, Vision and other systems/ templates.
- Support in monthly reconciliations, remittances and payments.
Filing and documentation:
- Support in management and keeping of accounting records, files and other documentation.
- Stamp ñpaidî on all paid payment vouchers and supporting documents
- Support the process to ensure accurate and adequate documentation and recording of WaterAid
- Nigeria income and expenditures.
Support in internal controls:
- Send monthly update to staff on status of staff advances
- Reconcile and explain all outstanding balance on staff debtor and creditor account.
Support in partner financial management:
- Support in processing of partner funds transfer
- Other roles as may be assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- B.Sc or HND in Accounting or Business Administration or any Social Sciences
- Completion of National Youth Service Scheme
- Student membership of a professional accounting body ( ICAN, ACCA etc)
- Excellent computer skills particularly Microsoft Excel.
Skills / Abilities / Personal Qualities:
- Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work – Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships – Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
- Attention to details-Ability to follow precise procedures and complete routine tasks/activities without errors
- Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Active Learning – Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Judgment and Decision Making – Ability to use information and determine best fit option relative to costs and benefits of potential actions to determine most appropriate one option
- Initiative – willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Written and Oral Expression – Excellent ability to communicate information and ideas in writing and speaking so others will easily understand.
- Time Management – Managing one’s own time and the time of others; Keen sense and appreciation of priorities and deadlines
- Flexibility-Ability to adapt to difficult situations (e.g. unforeseen change in context).
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply online