EngenderHealth’s Career and Recruitment Vacancy
Job title : Finance Associate jobs in Abuja
Job Location : Abuja
Deadline : 6-Oct-21
Quick Recommended Links
WORK LOCATION: Nigeria Country Office, Abuja
PROGRAM(S) / DEPARTMENT(S): MOMENTUM Safe Surgery in Family Planning and Obstetrics and Programs
REPORTS TO (Title Only): Finance Manager
LOCAL HIRE: Yes
SALARY BAND: Salary Band-8
EngenderHealth envisions a gender-equal world where all people achieve their sexual and reproductive health and rights. We believe this is essential for ensuring all people can achieve their full potentials. To achieve this vision, we implement high-quality, gender-equitable programs that advance sexual and reproductive health and rights
The Finance Associate is responsible for maintaining the project cash transactions and financial records, reviewing petty cash vouchers, and ensuring timely replenishment of petty cash. The role of the Finance Assistant also includes maintaining the project accounting software (QuickBooks), performing accounting and financial duties to ensure accuracy and compliance with internal and external regulations, liaising with relevant banks, and government departments and offices in relation of taxes and customs. The Finance Associate reports to the Finance Manager.
The Finance Associate will also be responsible for other functions such as:
- Preparing payment vouchers to process all vendor invoices, travel expense reports and other program-activity payments;
- Ensuring completeness of supporting documentation and accuracy of entries for financial reporting; keeping a proper filing system for all cash transactions;
- Reviewing payment vouchers and supporting documents such as receipt, invoice, tax invoice etc.; assisting processing of grantees financial reports and grants cash disbursements;
- Maintaining and updating financial files ensuring up-to-date records/trackers and that all finance files are electronically filed in the office;
- Liaising with bank in the processing of wire transfers; timely submission of different types of tax to the Govt. to avoid any kind of penalty and performing other duties as assigned by the Finance Manager.
- Must possess the following requirements with or without a reasonable accommodation:
- Bacheloräó»s degree, or other equivalent degree in accounting, finance, Business administration or other related field
- At least 1-3 years accounting or relevant experience.
- Computer literacy, including proven experience with computerized accounting packages, word processing and spreadsheets in QuickBooks, as well as Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good communication skills
- Prior experience working with international NGOs and government organizations, and knowledge of USAID rules and regulations will be an advantage.
ESSENTIAL SOFT SKILLS:
- Committed to EngenderHealthäó»s core organizational values of reflection, inclusion, integrity, respect, and transformation.
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines, with minimum supervision.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Be respectful.
- Be honest and trustworthy.
- Ability to handle complex and confidential information with discretion
PREFERRED SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND FUNCTIONS:
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with sub-grants management a plus
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person(s) assigned to this job. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities as needed and assigned.
EngenderHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment, without regard to race, creed, ancestry, citizenship, religion, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, political belief, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristic or status under applicable federal, state and local laws.
EngenderHealth complies with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in the United States in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
EngenderHealth is committed to safeguarding all people, particularly children, vulnerable adults and beneficiaries of assistance from any harm that may be caused due to contact with EngenderHealth. This includes harm arising from the conduct of staff, associates and partners; and the design and implementation of programs and activities.
*Finance Associate jobs in Nigeria
*Accounting / Financial Services jobs in Abuja
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified Candidates should Click here to Apply online
*Accounting / Financial Services jobs in Nigeria