Job title : Finance Assistant – Abuja
Job Location : Abuja
Deadline : June 08, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
Scope of work
The Finance Assistant will be responsible for timely filing of field/country office monthly financial information inclusive of payment vouchers, bank information, financial correspondence etc. S/he will also ensure orderliness within the finance department.
The Finance Assistant will deal with all payments documentation as well as advising the Project Manager, Technical Officer and Financial Accountant on the arising financial matters and sharing area of concern with suggested solution within he/her capacity.
Key working relationships
The Finance Assistant will be a staff in the state or Abuja and will report to the project manager while interacting directly with other staff including operations officer, administrative officer and other technical staff in the field office. S/he will also work with stakeholders, Local government and communities in the state. Indirectly report to the country finance officer.
Finance work (50%)
- Review all transactions and ensure completeness of documentation and approvals.
- Review attendance using the approved Database and prepare payment schedules for participants of SMC personnel to ensure names in attendance sheet tally with Database and Schedules.
- Prepare payment vouchers, ensure correctness of cost classification and coding
- Receive payment advise and attached to relevant documents to file
- Preparing Payment schedule of all meetings, workshop and training participants and consultants
- Safeguarding the organisation resources by scrutinising all payment requests, TAFs, PRFs by adhering to the MC Manual, Policies and Procedures
- Follow up on the stock balance of financial documents (forms, vouchers, receipts etc.) and make a timely order before stock outs occurs.
- Work with Finance Officer to ensure PV is raised with all supporting documents for every payment made and filed.
- Advising the Finance Officer on the arising financial matters and sharing areas of concern with suggested solutions.
- Maintain an excel journal template for recording of all payments completed and share with Finance Officer weekly for posting.
Suppliers Invoice (15%)
- Track and receive all invoices from suppliers & vendors and prepare the Invoice authorisation forms
- Prepare all invoice payments and obtain approval from the authorised personnel
Operations related work (30%)
- In charge of archiving, scanning and filling all finance documents and ensuring that they are in safe custody and easily accessible by the finance team.
- Ensure Finance Documents (PVs) are filled as per Malaria Consortium Finance Manual filing requirement.
- In-charge of collating timesheets of all field office staff.
- Keep tracker for all payment documents to ensure they are sent/ received to/in Abuja.
Perform other duties as require by Finance Officer, Accountant and Finance Manager. This will include but not limited to (5%).
- Support audit by making documents available.
- Support in Asset spot check and physical verification.
Qualifications and experience:
- OND/HND or Bachelors in Accounting
- Minimum of 2 year experience in a finance team, with at least one year in an Accounts Officer position
- Experience in working in INGO an added advantage
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other software skills
Work-based skills and competencies:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of NGO donors and their financial reporting requirements
- Excellent computer skills with high proficiency in Microsoft excel
- Good analytical and reporting skills
- Strong ability to be able to manage and prioritise multiple tasks
- Willingness to learn at all times
- A self-starter
- Working knowledge of accounting software is an added advantage
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Finance Assistant – Abuja jobs