Rise to Inspire Africa Initiative’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Finance and Compliance Officer jobs in Borno
Job Location : Borno
Deadline : May 23, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
Job Overview / Summary
- Finance Department is responsible for all financial functions in Nigeria, including accounting, payments and banking, payroll, budgeting, financial reporting, and grant financial management and ensures compliance with donor regulations as well as RIAs internal policies and procedures.
- Provides timely reports and assistance to the Director of Programme and the Program team to ensure that financial resources are used efficiently and effectively.
Cash and Bank payment processing:
- Maintain Naira cashbook at the set limits; take responsibility for any cash differences arising.
- Ensure that all cash payments are properly supported and duly authorized per the RIA Initiative delineation schedule before disbursement.
- Ensuring that authorizations on the requests for payments are in line with the approved limits per the delineation chart.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation reports.
- Supervise cash counts every Friday.
- Process payment to vendors upon reception of their service invoice and receipts promptly.
- Ensure that all services with the budget line are uploaded to QuickBooks and updated at all times.
- Maintain bank information file.
- Participate in the procurement committee sittings.
- Ensure collection of the statement of account monthly.
- Ensure checks register are recorded sequentially and updated. Separate the Naira and USD checks to maintain sequence.
- A diligent follow-up to ensure fully signed checks are collected by vendors and signed for (ensuring proper identification of the person collecting) and details indicated in the checks release register.
- Provide timely updates to the supervisor on the reason for uncollected checks.
- Maintain an organized and well-documented (all files must be labelled properly and visibly) and sequential filing system for all cash disbursement vouchers
- Archiving of prior years finance documents as instructed by the Finance Officer.
- Support Donor Engagement and Fundraising. Ensure that funds for continuity and scale-up of Programmes/operations are secured at most 6 months into this contract.
- To be willing and ready to participate in field staff exchange programs as organized by the Finance Officer.
- Attend and participate in training identified/organized by your supervisor
- Follow any new procedures and guidelines designated in circulars from the Chief of Programmes
- Any other duty as assigned by the supervisor
- Assist the Finance Team to enhance the efficiency of the existing control system and ensure any identified compliance gap is corrected.
- Assist in reviewing monthly financial reports and follow up with other departments for any corrective actions required.
- Set up and maintain filing systems of all protocols and important documents for the project.
- Assist in monitor and following up with any compliance issue when arising.
- Track and ensure all compliance documents such as handover note, distribution list, and attendance sheet is collected and verified.
- Conduct technical review for the project side.
- Oversee the maintenance of all accounting records, ensuring that records are complete, accurate and safeguarded
- Assist in the training and support staff in the field office including answering daily questions, training new hires, making field visits, etc.
- Conduct a monitoring plan to lessen financial and compliance risks at beneficiary sites.
Reporting and Working Relationships:
- Position Reports to: Director of Programmes.
- Position directly supervises: NA
- Indirect Reporting: NA
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
- Internal: Project, HR/Admin Staff.
- External: Donor staff, government ministry, partners etc.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or HND in Finance, Accounting
- Two years experience in the Finance Department of a non-governmental organization.
- 2 or more years of finance experience, including budgeting and grant management or auditing.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Good understanding of major international donor rules and non-profit accounting.
- Prior experience with computerized general ledger software.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office programs, particularly Excel.
- Strong analytical skills coupled with a solid understanding of financial and procurement systems; Prior auditing experience is consider a plus.
- Excellent oral and written English skills.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply online