Job title : Finance and Compliance officer
Job Location : Borno
Deadline : September 23, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
- Support budget preparation and budgetary control for the effective implementation of financial plans. To do this, the role will:
- Prepare the assigned project’s annual budget
- Monitor the project’s budgets to ensure spending as per plan to avoid over/under spending.
- Support in the preparation of the quarterly Projects budget.
- Take lead and oversee day-to-day program cash flow management and maintenance of bank accounts related to projects managed.
- Review and track all project payments to ensure accuracy and proper coding of invoices and entering into the accounting software.
- Manage office petty cash, and day-to-day small expenditures; Ensure timely reimbursements and accurate log records.
- Ensure proper and complete financial record-keeping (receipts, contracts, backups) using QuickBooks system.
- Manage procurement, upkeep and tracking of project assets, including proper documentation of the procurement process through Requisition Forms, Selection Memos, and Purchase Orders.
- Ensure accurate financial, procurement and administrative record keeping across projects in GREENCODE.
- Develop and submit timely and accurate financial program reports and cash requests to the National Coordinator; Provide updates to National Coordinator regarding any financial and/or administrative requests or discrepancies.
- Take lead in preparing and presenting to the National Coordinator weekly, monthly quarterly, project mid-term, end-term and year-end financial reports as needed.
- Ensure all project payments and operations adhere to Nigerian fiscal and statutory laws; Ensure compliance with GREENCODE and donor financial and HR policies and procedures.
- Perform monthly reconciliation of the general ledger accounts.
- Oversee employee payroll processing, to include payment and tracking; Payroll will be submitted to the National Coordinator for final approval.
- Liaise with partner organizations on financial issues, as necessary.
- Prepare GREENCODE books for both internal and external auditors.
- Take lead to ensure GREENCODE’s internal control systems are strengthen and sustain.
- Liaise with bank and ensure timely submission of reconciliation reports.
- Take lead in managing standard accounting and spreadsheet software, including Microsoft Excel; Knowledge of QuickBooks very compulsory.
- Supervise other Finance and Admin staff in the unit.
- Implement Internal Financial Controls & Payment processes for the attainment of value for money at all times. To do this, the role will:
- Ensure payments made are as per GREENCODE approved policies, procedures, and that of the donor rules and regulations.
- Review the finance sections of purchase requisitions, advance requests, liquidations, and purchase orders for financial conformity with respect to the project.
- Support the review of project payments issued before sign off by GREENCODE Authorised Managers.
- Prepare project’s financial audit action list after each audit and ensure compliance.
- Ensure all expected costs are timely and accurately recovered from the project.
- Assist in monitoring mitigation measures to be implemented by the Country Program.
- Assist in the implementation of prevention strategies to promote a culture of ethical and compliant behaviors across all project areas.
- Assist in promoting a culture of reporting on ethics and compliance concerns and partners responsiveness.
- Maintain complete and up-to-date confidential personnel files shared with finance.
- Supervise finance interns and ensure capacity building and training
- Other duties or tasks as required.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested an qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and completed Competency form, the 2 documents should be forwarded to: email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org using Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Application will be assessed on a rolling basis.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- All the positions are valid for the duration stated, we don’t pay relocation allowance or provide house for field staff.
- Only applicant that adhere to the full instruction in this advert will be attended to.
- Accounting / Financial Services jobs
- Finance and Compliance officer jobs