American University of Nigeria’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Finance and Administrative Assistant jobs in Borno
Job Location : Borno
Deadline : May 23, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
American University of Nigeria (AUN) is Africa’s premier development University. Since 2006, AUN faculty and staff have been researching and developing solutions to development and humanitarian challenges faced by Nigeria. As part of this focus, AUN is a sub-partner to AHNI on the USAID-funded five-year ACE project in Borno, Adamawa, and Yobe states.
Funded by the USAID and in close partnership with federal partners and the select Nigeria States (Borno, Adamawa, and Yobe), the five-year project on Accelerating Control of the HIV Epidemic in Nigeria will support the delivery of high impact HIV preventive, care and support services to populations in the Northeast of Nigeria.
- The position is based in Maiduguri, Bomo State, and under the direction and technical supervision of the AHN HR Officer, the Finance and Admin Assistant will provide administrative and clerical services in an effective and efficient manner.
- He/She shall maintain confidential records, files, comprehensive records on budget expenditures, and make a stationary requisition.
- He will be responsible for organizing meetings and keeping records of the meetings.
- He/S will coordinate daily financial tasks, Support the coordination of office management, activities, and programs in the project office.
- Provide administrative support to program teams based in the project communities.
- Tracking and ensuring participants in training events sign attendance and conducting and reporting pre-training venue inspections and working with hotel staff to prepare venues as required.
- Coordinate transport of training equipment and materials to venues ready for use.
- Update project operations files and staff contact list and provide logistics and other support to program implementation.
- Any other duty as may be required from time to time by the supervisor.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Management or Finance with at least 3 years of secretarial / administrative experience; Or
- Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills. Expert level competence with MS Office and database applications.
- Experience preparing meeting agendas, minutes, letters, and memos accurately.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems and NGOs and CBOS is highly desirable.
- Also, experience in USAID AND GIZ work is an added advantage.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications (a file comprising of their Cover Letter addressing the candidates interest in the job, why he/she is a good fit, and his program-development and administration philosophies & a detailed CV including relevant experience) to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.