1 week ago
Job title : Finance and Administration Manager
Job Location : Oyo
Deadline : June 08, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Have excellent knowledge of Finance and Accounting. Ensure that roles and responsibilities are clear and have strong understanding of all of Donor’s and Save the Children’s regulations and policies, especially the core policies such as; Finance policies and procedures, Child Safeguarding Policy, Code of Conduct, Fraud & dishonesty policies, Anti-bribery and corruption policy and whistle blowing policy.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- Qualified Chartered Accountant with minimum 10 years of post-qualification experience.
- At least 7 years of experience in a bi-lateral or multi-lateral agency financed project in Nigeria (or an African nation).
- Knowledge and expertise in the field of project preparation, commercial negotiations, financial management, internal controls/systems development, accounting, auditing and reporting
Ability to problem solve efficaciously exercising good judgement will be an asset.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Good training and facilitation skills (for financial training/support to partners).
- Ability to multi-task, engage in long-term planning, meet deadlines, and handle last-minute demands; exercise patience, and adapt to changing circumstances.
- Ability to be creative and proactive health service improvement is essential.
Experience of working on performance linked payment contract
Additional job responsibilities
- The Finance Manager is the overall head of the finance unit in the state office and will be responsible for all finance related activities.
- Ensure all financial transactions in the state office are appropriately approved, authorised and administered, in line with SCI & Donor policies.
- Process all payments (cheque and/or cash) to vendors, service providers, and partners in line with SC policies & Donor requirements.
- Process all banking activities in the state office, ensuring that bank account records are accurately maintain, and that bank statements are obtained on a timely basis.
- Responsible for monthly recharges processing (Reversal and reclass) as well as daily matching of transaction on Agresso.
- Manage the electronic spreadsheet/format for receiving and disbursing funds; coordinate the preparation and timely submission of monthly financial reports and other reports to the CO Abuja as required. Ensure accurate keeping of account books (electronic and paper) for the state office.
- Ensure adequate safeguarding of all vouchers manually and electronically.
- Ensure adequate safeguarding of all financial instruments.
- Preparation and submission of monthly Balance Sheet Reconciliations to CO Abuja
Cash and Budget Management:
- Coordinate with the Line manager to ensure timely and appropriate cash flows, matched with the operational needs of the state office and budget forecasts, and in line with SCI policies and donor requirements.
- Ensure that the Project Director/Manager receives timely and accurate information to inform activity planning and forecasts.
- In collaboration with the line manager, support monthly budget phasing and annual pipeline analysis as well as BVA commentary for specific award.
- Represent Finance at Procurement Committee meetings.
- Validate Purchase Vouchers within the Finance Coordinator’s Limit
- Make statutory payments to the relevant authorities such as PAYE, WHT, and PENSION deduction and ensure adequate documentation is kept in the office.
- Review partners/sub-awardee financial report and reconcile partners/Sub-awardee Account
- Support the state teams to provide administrative and technical support to the partners to ensure that all financial documentation and reports are prepared and submitted on a timely basis in line with SCI policies, project agreements.
- Conduct state level finance induction for all new staff on finance policies, systems and procedure
- In collaboration with the line manager support the training in financial management in accordance with SC’s financial management policies.
- S/he acts as a business partner to other units(Awards, M&E, Operations, HR etc.) by providing financial advise as may be required from time to time
- Any other tasks as assigned by supervisor
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Accounting / Financial Services jobs
- Finance and Administration Manager jobs