Job title : Finance & Admin Manager
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : June 02, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
The Finance & Admin Manager directs and manages the company’s finance and accounting functions via a robust financial/management accounting system that tracks, monitors and reports the results of its commercial operations. Provides ongoing financial advice and is responsible for instituting practical methods for financial planning and corporate performance management. Oversee and manage the Administrative department for the smooth running of the business operations.
- Ensuring all accounting records are kept up to date.
- Supporting the Sales team with financial information.
- Liaising with the banks on financial matters including Letters of Credit, Bills for Collection, or any other instrument of bank transaction.
- Ensuring proper insurance of company assets.
- Timely filing of financial returns.
- Ensuring weekly bank reconciliation.
- Ensuring efficient recovery of debt and timely payment of invoices from customers.
- Taking appropriate measurements to avoid bad debt.
- Managing cash flow efficiently to ensure positive cash flow at all times.
- Ensuring accurate registration of bank accounts with all customers.
- Managing and coordinating banking operations in an effective and efficient manner.
- Performing credit control functions in order to reduce the company’s liabilities to suppliers and banks.
- Producing periodic financial statements and monthly management accounts in a suitable form.
- Overseeing the operations of the accounting department and ensuring the achievement of departmental goals and objectives.
- Oversee the accounting operations of subsidiary companies, especially their control systems, transaction-processing operations, policies and procedures.
- Maintaining a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Ensuring that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner.
- Maintaining a system of controls over accounting transactions.
- Issuing timely and complete financial statements.
- Managing the production of the annual budget and forecasts as well as cash flow statements.
- Calculating variances from the budget and report significant issues to management.
- Providing financial analyses as needed for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
- Coordinating the provision of information to external auditors for the annual financial audit.
- Monitoring debt levels and compliance with debt covenants.
- Managing local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Handling salaries and wages, contractors’ and suppliers’ payments in line with the company policies.
- Processing payroll in a timely manner.
- Supervising the accounting personnel of the company and other business units.
- Preparing quotations to and invoicing customers.
- Ensuring proper classification and categorization of customers to ensure adequate pricing of all company products and services.
- Determining adequate markup/ profit margin on sales and recommend the appropriate action to the management.
- Managing and monitoring cash flow activities of the company and other business units.
- Coordinate with management in planning short and long-term projects, budgets, expense controls, schedules, and manpower.
- Developing and implementing business plans to achieve business targets.
- Evaluating key productivity indicators and implement process improvement Initiatives.
- Overseeing importation of goods and clearing including the processing of import documents such as Form M, SONCAP, etc.
REQUIRED SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- BSC/HND/MSC in Accounting or Finance related discipline.
- Knowledge of Accounting software is critical, and membership in ICAN will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 6 years post NYSC experience in a Finance relevant role is compulsory.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as subject of email.
- Administrative / Management jobs
- Finance & Admin Manager jobs