Job title : Field Safety and Security Assistant – Shani
Job Location : Borno
Deadline : May 31, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
- The Field Safety and Security Assistant is responsible to follow up on the security context in IMC areas of intervention and assists in maintaining a safe and secure environment for IMC employees and visitors, premises, and assets as well as maintaining regular communication with staff during field movement within Shani LGA and its environs,
- The safety and security assistant is responsible for ensuring that appropriate systems and procedures are in place to maximize the safety and security of IMC staff and making sure they are always adhered to,
- The FSSA is responsible for supporting the Security Coordinator in Maiduguri (Borno state) to ensure that safety and security is mainstreamed into all field operations (especially the locations stated above) and that high-quality security information is available for decision-making.
- He/she is also in charge of monitoring the security context and preparing factual and analytical reports to assist IMC Security Coordinator in its analysis,
- He/she must conduct an ongoing analysis of the context and any perceived threats, in order to ensure the safe movement of personnel, the safety of all resources and the implementation of programs
Under the direct supervision of the IMC-Security Coordinator and he/she shall administer the following:
- Regular collection and analysis of all Safety and Security information across the area of operation.
- Carry out Incident/actor mapping and produce relevant reports and advisories for the program team at the locations stated above
- Supporting the Fleet team in Movement Planning, and conducting Safety and Security training for program drivers/fleet team/partners/other program stakeholders within the catchment areas.
- Documents contextual changes and constantly update the Field Site Manager or Coordinator and Security Coordinator
- Carry out periodic and occasioned S&S field contextual assessments and generate reports for the use of both the program team and update the Security Coordinator
- Carry out/support incident investigations in the Field Office within the catchment areas stated above.
- Represent the IMC Security Department at any external network meeting in the location and report to the SC.
- Monitor the security situation in the field, reports to the Security Coordinator and to report risks and propose mitigation actions promptly.
- Daily track and record all IMC field movement within the areas stated and its environs.
- Collect and report information to Security Coordinator regarding politics and security in all locations mentioned above
- Respond to security-relevant incidents with information gathering and inform the IMC security Coordinator.
- Conduct monthly health and safety inspections such as, but not limited to; fire extinguishers, smoke/fire detectors and inspection of IMC facilities at the locations stated above.
- Regular inventory of stock as necessary like; hibernation kits, first aid kits, and vehicle safety kits, communication gadgets; ensure that staff know what is in the kits and how and when to use them.
- Submit regular contextual updates (weekly/situational reports) to the WFP security team and Security Coordinator.
- Work closely with IMC field teams to ensure all incidents and accidents are followed up with an official written Incident Report, which is then shared with IMC Security Coordinator for submission to ims data base.
- Take appropriate measures to secure IMC premises, personnel, assets, and properties by regularly monitoring and control of IMC existing security set-up.
- Diploma level qualifications in any of humanities or sciences and Security management. (Longer period of experience can be taken in place of a Degree)
- At least one- or two years’ work experience with an INGO performing Safety and security functions
- Strong learning attitude and capacity for learning and development of technical and professional skills.
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in a diverse environment.
- Willingness to work and travel in often difficult and insecure environments
- Fluency in English, Kanuri and at least one of the languages in the location context.
- Ability to speak other local languages at the locations mentioned above is a plus.
- Must be an indigene of the LGAs stated above.
- Ability to comprehend security-related subjects such as threat/risk assessment, security management, and personal and organizational physical security awareness.
- Previous services with any of the Nigerian Disciplined forces, Certificate of discharge or recommendation from the immediate supervisor will be required as proof.
- Proven experience or ability to work effectively in complex security environments and situations with an articulate understanding of the conflict in the northeast.
- Liaise on a regular basis with other INGOs and UN agencies in all LGAs mentioned in particular, stakeholders, government and local administrative agencies and where possible with community leaders in the process of gathering and verifying security information
- Coordinate and manage the proper use of IMC communication equipment/systems and alert the Field Site Manager or coordinator and Security coordinator of any hardware failures.
- Develop security briefing material and provide orientation to incoming or newly appointed staff deployed to any of the location stated above
- Develop and implement security training for all IMC staff, develop and apply evaluation processes to determine whether training competencies are met.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the position as subject of email. Candidates MUST state the position and location they are applying for as the Subject of their email, application letter and curriculum vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document, otherwise, applications will not be considered.
- Security / Safety jobs
- Field Safety and Security Assistant – Shani jobs