Job title : Field Coordination Assistant
Job Location : Borno
Deadline : November 23, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
Overview of position:
- Under the leadership & guidance of the Head of Sub Office, the direct supervision of the Area Coordinator, the Field Coordination Assistant will support Program Managers & Project Support Unit (PSU) to supervise the activities implemented at the field level.
- The Field Coordination Assistant will lead field level coordination internally among the different cunits for smooth program operation & to engage with relevant stakeholders in the location.
- Act as the focal person for all activities implemented in locations within Local Governments Areas (LGAs) where client operates.
- Represent our client in the local coordination group meetings, before partners & government officials in the location / together with Team Leaders of respective units.
- Support the coordination & monitoring of our clients activities on behalf of the Head of Sub Office & in coordination with the Area Coordinator, Project Managers & PSU based in Maiduguri. Where & when necessary, share feedback findings with the community members & other stakeholders.
- Liaise closely with the PSU Coordinator & the M&E Project Associate on the monitoring activities & report achievements, challenges & opportunities.
- Support the production of regular reports regarding the implementation of our clients activities, constraints, needs & gaps; anticipate constraints & advice on future developments.
- Responsible for generating monitoring action plans in coordination with the Team Leads of respective units in the location.
- Support the promotion of community based approaches in the implementation of projects & ensure mobilization of the communities for sustainability in close coordination with Team Leaders of respective units & PSU.
- To ensure gender, protection, environmental protection & other relevant crosscutting issues are mainstreamed in close coordination with the field team with guidance from the Protection Officer & respective PMs.
- Implement appropriate safety & security procedures related to the protection of staff, its assets & operations.
- Ensure that all relevant security information is properly disseminated in coordination with the Field Security Officer.
- Work alongside staff councilor on identifying staff psychosocial needs & critical incident reporting & ensure the provision of welfare activity at the field level to promote positive well being & resilience.
- Work alongside the Procurement & Logistics Unit (PLU) or Resource Management Unit to ensure smooth operations in addressing vehicle / movement needs, supplies of project materials, monitoring of our clients assets & information sharing on relevant issues of PLU / RMU.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- This role will work under the leadership & guidance of the Head of Sub Office & the direct supervision of the Area Coordinator.
- Completed university degree from an accredited academic institution preferably in disaster management, project management, economics, statistics, social science, sociology, or psychology.
- 3 years of relevant professional experience in emergency response (natural or human made disaster).
- Experience in emergency response programming for marginalized populations, including need assessment, data collection, monitoring & review.
- Knowledge of structures & functions of national & international humanitarian agencies, donors & organizations.
- Familiarity with emergency response, disaster management & disaster risk reduction in the region is an advantage.
- Experience in the coordination of multi sectoral humanitarian response is an advantage.
- Works effectively in high pressure, rapidly changing environments.
- Coordinates actions with emergency response actors, & makes use of existing coordination structures.
- Supports adequate levels of information sharing between internal units, cluster partners & other emergency response partners.
- Establishes & maintains effective relationships with implementing partners.
- Makes correct decisions rapidly based on available information.
- Must be fluent in English & fluency in multiple native languages especially in Kanuri & Hausa is desired.
- Takes responsibility for action & manages constructive criticisms.
- Works effectively well with clients & stakeholders.
- Promotes continuous learning for self & others.
- Listens & communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience.
- Actively seeks new ways of improving programs or services.
- Develops effective partnerships with internal & external stakeholders.
- Identify ways & implement actions to improve the performance of self & others.
- Plans work, anticipates risks & sets goals within the area of responsibility.
- Displays mastery of subject matter.
- Contributes to a collegial team environment, incorporates gender related needs, perspectives & concerns & promotes equal gender participation.
- Displays awareness of relevant technological solutions.
- Works with internal & external stakeholders to meet resource needs of (optional depending on position level).
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- NGO/Non-Profit jobs
- Field Coordination Assistant jobs