Job title : Farm Supervisor (Crop and Vegetable)
Job Location : Ondo
Deadline : December 17, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
- To assist the Operations Manager, oversee the vegetable crops and other cash crops production on the farm and coordinate daily processes and operations with an emphasis on financial results.
- Analyzing existing operations, crops, staff, and recommending improvements.
- Preparing plans and schedules for planting, harvesting and storage and ensuring staff understand expectations.
- Ensuring seeds, fertilizers, pesticides, and other supplies are regularly restocked.
- Assisting with the recruitment and training of new staff members.
- Collaborating with senior staff to prepare budgets and financial reports.
- Building professional networks and keeping abreast of developments in agricultural science.
- Scheduling repairs, maintenance, and replacement of equipment and machinery.
- Ensuring all staff adhere to health and safety regulations.
- B.Sc or HND qualification in Agriculture or Agricultural Sciences from a reputable institution.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with vegetable crops and green house planting
Skills & Competencies:
- Familiar with international best practices of growing, cultivating, harvesting and storing vegetable crops
- Capacity and experience to develop training manuals and also train subordinates
- Compulsory knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Good problem solving and decision-making skills
- Vast experience in crop planting (Vegetables) with experience in green houses planting
- Knowledge of export standard for vegetables
- Worked in a structured environment and exposed to proper practice.
- Responsible for supervising the planting of crops and vegetables on the farm
- Must reside in Ondo State or be willing to relocate (Accomondation is available).
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Agriculture / Agro-Allied jobs
- Farm Supervisor (Crop and Vegetable) jobs