Value Edge Management Service Limited’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Facilities Maintenance Technician jobs in Lagos
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : May 23, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
- We are on the hunt for talented and reliable maintenance technicians to join our maintenance team. In this position, your key responsibility will be is to preserve the excellent condition and functionality of facilities at our clients business premises.
- The individual for this position under the direction and leadership of the facilities maintenance organization will work towards attaining maintenance goals and company objectives. Duties will include conducting minor repairs to the facilities and premises as assigned including office and kitchen equipment and developing preventative maintenance procedures.
- The ideal candidate will be a jack-of-all-trades, as the successful applicants will take part in root cause evaluation of both electrical and mechanical appliances, fixing, repairing boilers, air-conditioning, chillers, refrigeration units, diesel generators, and mechanical equipment.
- Conducts physical inspections of the facility, grounds, premises, hallways, common areas, and restrooms, noting anything that might be in need of repair, maintenance, clean-up, or is a hazard and reports same to the appropriate building staff for resolution.
- Perform troubleshooting and corrective action for progressive improvements. This will also, involve modification and installation work on existing and new mechanical units.
- Conduct periodic quality checks on equipment and systems to ensure everything is up to standard.
- Conduct minor repairs to the facilities and premises as assigned including office and kitchen equipment, minor electrical, Basic HVAC knowledge is a plus.
- Troubleshooting and overseeing abnormalities to aid smooth operations in a timely manner.
- Maintains and repairs equipment, including freezers, ovens, and vacuum ovens.
- Performs as-needed cleaning of the facility and premises including any spills on a daily basis beyond the regular custodial services performed by the cleaning staff including trash/debris removal, emptying receptacles, mopping, and drying.
- Carry out minimal maintenance activities to an appreciably complicated level in the area of electrical and mechanical system safety.
- Carry out multiple tasks which may include repair, maintenance, alteration, installation, fabrication, construction, and creation of facility units which require utilization of skills in problem-solving, teamwork, communication, giving attention to detail, and abiding by safety guidelines.
- Changes in faulty motors, compressors, coil units, expansion valves, and other constituent parts
- Engages in cleaning components from hermetic burnouts, clears out and charges systems
- Performs troubleshooting and repairs pneumatic control and direct digital systems
- Inspects distribution components for suitable volume, pressure, temperature, and velocity
- Ensures a balance of water and air treatment system
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities for the position:
- Trades Test / OND or at least Olevel with 2-5 years progressive experience performing tasks with intricate HVAC systems.
- Mastery of interpretation of documents involving maintenance instructions, sketches, plans blueprints, procedure manual, and safety rules
- It may be obligatory for an individual vying for this position to have a working knowledge of mechanical activities such as plumbing, electrical, HVAC and welding.
- Efficient expertise in writing messages and reports
- Outstanding application of common sense intelligence to perform instructions
- Outstanding skills in resolving issues related to diverse general variables in regulated conditions.
- In-depth knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems.
- Advanced understanding of general maintenance procedures and techniques.
- Physically capable and available to work overtime including weekends, public holidays, and evenings.
- Effective problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be well-organized and have the ability to prioritize tasks.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.