fhi 360’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Executive Officer
Job Location : Borno
Deadline : September 25, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
The Executive Officer will work cohesively with the Country Director to perform functions related to conducting desk reviews, researching, reviewing reports, drafting abstracts and/or manuscripts for publishing, and working on developing proposals under the direction of the Country Director in FHI 360 Nigeria. Provide administrative, secretarial, and operational support for the Country Office while managing and carrying out complex and confidential administrative tasks to guarantee the success of assigned executive operations. Manage all administrative issues and give the CD and project directors direct support.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the CD in conducting desk reviews, research and reviewing reports.
- Assist in the development of technical documents, including abstracts and/or manuscripts for publications and draft proposals. Ensure documents are properly written and meet pre-set standards.
- Assist in the collation of project operational workplan and reports, including those of other project programs for an integrated program.
- Collate and produce technical program narrative reports and carry out technical reviews of documents for the attention of the Country Director.
- Draft correspondence and reports as requested. Record quality minutes of meetings convened and attended by the Country Director.
- Manage Country Director office records and filings as appropriate.
- Assist the CD in assuring effective planning, implementation and management of assigned projects in FHI 360 Nigeria.
- Assist the CD in strengthening systems for reporting on program progress against stated objectives and monitoring and evaluation frameworks, according to FHI 360 and the respective donor guidelines.
- Assist the CD in the development of program strategies, subproject documents, work plans and budgets.
- Manage all incoming and outgoing correspondence to include reports, forms, faxes, and emails, to include troubleshooting for problems, back up documentation, and dissemination of information as appropriate.
- Liaise with FHI 360 Executive Office staff. Provide and organize all support materials in advance for meetings and travel on behalf of the Country Director.
- Manage travel arrangements for Executive’s Office, overseeing travel authorizations and expense reports, reviewing trip reports for content and format, coordinating travel arrangements.
- Work closely with staff in the Executive’s Office and as needed with other FHI 360 groups to ensure the timely flow of work. Coordinate and manage international travels and oversee hotel reservations for the Country Director and other international staff Track and follow up on status of outstanding actions and requests on behalf of the Country Director
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Country Director.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of health and development programming in a developing country.
- Resourceful through technology, research skills, and relationship building among several organization teams and units and professional organizations to resolve problems and initiate enhancements.
- Working knowledge of major donor policies as well as international not-for- profit organizations.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding HIV infection.
- Ability to organize systems to monitor administrative and implementation results.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with proficiency in word processing, PowerPoint and Excel. Ability to type 50 correct words per minute. Ability to organize, coordinate and effectively prioritize high volume work independently and as a team under tight deadlines, while providing attention to detail.
- Considerable skills in oral and written communication. Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of staff, representatives of donors and collaborating agencies, individuals from diverse cultures, and the public. Ability to negotiate tactfully.
- Initiative and discretion in judging and managing confidential matters, materials and sensitive issues.
- Proficiency in secretarial skills to include grammar, spelling and proofreading.
- Considerable knowledge of office equipment, practices and procedures, and a willingness to increase knowledge and update skills as required.
- Ability to anticipate the technical and administrative support required. Ability to retrieve and obtain information from various sources, including the library.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 25%.
Qualifications and requirements:
- BS/BA in public health, health sciences, behavioral sciences or its recognized equivalent with 3 5 years of relevant experience with international development programs.
- Or MS/MA degree in public health, health sciences, behavioral sciences or its recognized equivalent with 1-3 years relevant experience with international development programs.
- Familiarity with administrative skills is a must.
- Familiarity with program management including research is a must.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is an advantage.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply online