American University of Nigeria’s Career and Recruitment Vacancy
Job title : Executive Assistant jobs in Adamawa
Job Location : Adamawa
Deadline : October 09, 2021
Quick Recommended Links
Department: RegistrarÛªs Office
Reports to: Registrar
Oversees whom: N/A
Summary of Position
- The Executive Assistant to the Registrar is charged with the responsibility of providing high-level administrative support services which range from complex to routine, all of which shall contribute to the efficient management of the day-to-day operations in accordance with AUN Policies and Procedures.
- These duties shall include coordinating workflow within the Registry Division, preparing statistical reports, handling information requests, performing clerical functions, preparing correspondence, travels, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, and scheduling meetings.
- The Executive Assistant shall also relieve the Registrar of administrative detail by setting up a “tickler” system and an ÛÏexception reporting” system to handle routine tasks without supervision.
- Also, the Executive Assistant shall routinely re-order office supplies.
Detailed Listing of Responsibilities
- Arrange essential mail in an order of priority for the Registrar
- Check deadlines on incoming requests and put preliminary work in play
- Process replies on own initiative or from the RegistrarÛªs dictation or notes
- Research, draft or abstract reports
- Handle all inquiries professionally and confidentially
- Arrange “call-backs” to protect the RegistrarÛªs time
- Provide back-up materials for call-backs.
- Route calls elsewhere as needed.
- Do phone surveys/inquiries as require
- Maintain calendar; ascertain which events require the RegistrarÛªs attention
- Fix commitments to maximize the RegistrarÛªs time efficiency.
- Prepare agenda for meetings in advance.
- Arrange meeting facilities.
- Act as recording secretary; prepare action minutes.
- As arranged, “rescueÛ Registrar from laggards.
- Schedule visits away from the RegistrarÛªs area to protect priority/private tasks.
- Arrange travel cash in advance.
- Prepare itinerary, trip file and supplies.
- Prepare expense reports for the Registrar.
- Complete expense reports after every official trip.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements for the Position
- A good First Degree in Management, Sociology or related discipline from a recognized University
- A minimum of three years post NYSC experience working as an Executive Assistant
- Experience of working in an Academic environment is highly beneficial
- Should possess strong organizational and people skills
- Should possess strong written and oral communications skills
- Should be proficient in the use of Information and Communications Technology tools and e-resources.
Other Requirements, Abilities for the Position:
- Ability to develop a work schedule, set goals, create/implement action plans and monitor progress towards goals.
- Skill in developing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Skill in typing/word processing and use of personal computer/software.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and confidentiality.
- Perform to earn RegistrarÛªs full confidence
- Assure discreet handling of all issues.
- Work collaboratively and cooperatively with others.
- Work under pressure.
- Possess great organization skills and planning.
Description of Benefits
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
*Executive Assistant jobs in Nigeria
*Administrative / Management jobs in Adamawa
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resumes, Cover Letters and References on a single file in a word document or PDF format to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AUN is an equal opportunity employer and strives to provide a culturally diverse workforce; we do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race creed, colour, nationality, origin, age, sex, religion and marital status. For information on AUN, visit our Web site at aun.edu.ng.
*Administrative / Management jobs in Nigeria