R-DATS Consulting’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Evaluation Team Lead (Consultant)
Job Location : Abuja
Deadline : April 30, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
Our sectors of Interest: Health, WASH, Food Security and Nutrition, Education, Agriculture, Green Energy, Peace and Reconciliation, Financial Inclusion, and Humanitarian efforts, among others.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
The Evaluation Team Lead will be in charge of the overall management of impact evaluation programs and will provide technical support as needed, with guidance from the Principal Investigator. Specifically, the responsibilities of the Evaluation Team Lead will include the following:
- Leading the design and implementation of evaluations: This will include developing work plans, selecting appropriate methodologies, and coordinating with relevant stakeholders and other consultants to ensure the evaluation is carried out effectively.
- Managing the evaluation team: This will include supervising team members, delegating tasks, and ensuring that team members have the necessary resources and support to carry out their responsibilities.
- Acting as the leading contact person for the evaluation steering committee, and working closely with it throughout the process, ensuring regular updates and consultation.
- Identifying implementation bottlenecks and recommending solutions, particularly those affecting project objectives.
- Communicating evaluation findings and recommendations to stakeholders, including senior management.
- Manage and ensure the quality of the evaluation process; methodological approach and the production of evaluative knowledge. The team lead will also be responsible for ensuring that data is collected accurately and that the data is analyzed and reported in line with the requirements specified in the TOR.
- Take direct responsibility for all deliverables being delivered timely and of satisfactory quality. This includes the preparation of the inception report based on the terms of reference; the preparation of a draft evaluation report and a short PowerPoint outlining key findings and lessons learned; and the preparation of the final report based on comments on the first draft from partners and reviewers, and provide justification for comments not incorporated.
- Ensure the independence and integrity of the evaluation.
- Participate, design, and facilitate the validation workshop in coordination with the evaluation steering committee.
- Managing the financial resources for the evaluation and ensuring that they are used efficiently and effectively to achieve the goals of the evaluation.
- A minimum of a Master’s degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline within the social sciences, public health, education or other relevant disciplines.
- A minimum of 10 years of professional experience in leading evaluations, research, or other formative and summative assessments in the areas of humanitarian and development aid, social sciences, social and behavioural change, community involvement, and organizational/institutional efficiency is required.
- Experience working with multilateral or intergovernmental organisations is considered a plus.
- Experience using quantitative and qualitative data analysis methods, mixed methods, and M&E practices.
- Experience in conducting multi-country, complex evaluations is desirable.
- At one report of a complex evaluation that you have led or managed is desirable.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to work collaboratively with donors, partners, and stakeholders.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in English or French, with proficiency in another language (especially Spanish or Portuguese) will be an advantage.
- Strong communication abilities, including communication with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Exceptional time management, organizational, and interpersonal abilities.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, work with minimal supervision, and possess a keen attention to detail.
- Unquestionable integrity and cultural sensitivity when working in a diverse organizational environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines and perform well under pressure.
- Personal dedication, efficiency, flexibility, and drive for results.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the position as subject of email.
* Evaluation Team Lead (Consultant) jobs
*Jobs in Abuja
*Research / Data Analysis jobs
- Salary Offer: *********