Job title : ESG Lead (International Investment Group)
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : March 09, 2024
Quick Recommended Links
The ESG Lead will be responsible for ensuring compliance with ESG for all portfolio companies as agreed. S/he will be involved in all investments and provide assurance that the company policy on responsible investing is applied to all deals and that the organization is proactive in helping its portfolio investment companies achieve larger and more positive E&S impacts (adding ESG value to transactions, portfolio companies, and financial institutions).
- Reviewing, and where required, developing Terms of Reference for external ESG Consultants;
- Reviewing all Due Diligence (DD) Reports to ensure that agreed terms are met and the DD report provides relevant information and meets required standards
- Assisting the Investment Team with ESG due diligence to assess the level of compliance of potential investments to IFC’s Performance Standards, the Equator Principles and other LP requirements that may apply from time to time
- Reviewing and advising on ESG related issues during the transition of deals from transactions to portfolio assets
Within Portfolio Companies:
- Assisting portfolio companies with the implementation of their ESG contractual responsibilities
- Developing and undertaking a regular ESG audit programme for monitoring portfolio companies’
- progress and compliance with ESG responsibilities and contractual requirements
- Developing and running an ongoing ESG training programme for ESG representatives in portfolio companies
- Identifying opportunities to add value to operating companies, covering larger risk management
- considerations driven by governance and other relevant business processes
- Tracking the impact outcomes (supported by data) of the Funds’ investment in portfolio companies
- Managing relationships with ESG representatives in portfolio companies
Within the Group:
- Assisting with the formalization and maintenance of the environmental and social management and impact related systems
- Developing the firm’s own standard operating procedures for managing ESG in portfolio companies; enforcing the Firm’s ESG SOP requirements with portfolio companies operating below required standards.
- Maintaining an ongoing 100-day work plan review cycle for achieving ESG objectives and targets
- Training the deal team and other members of staff in environmental and social issues and other related matters
- Driving and representing the firm in discussions on Responsible Investment/ ESG principles
- Supporting the development and improvement of ESG policies and standards
- Assisting the Investment Team with driving contractual compliance and implementing ESG initiatives
- linked to the different funds’ assets.
- Identifying opportunities to add value to operating companies, covering larger risk management considerations driven by governance and other relevant business processes.
- Assisting, as required, with the preparation of investor reports and responses to ad-hoc investor queries
- Supporting the development of RI/ ESG and impact related content for marketing and reporting
- Preparing and disseminating an annual ESG in compliance with relevant compliance requirements
- Preparing and disseminating an annual Sustainability Report for the firm
- Researching opportunities associated with the Green Economy and clean energy.
- Managing relationships both within and outside the business to support corporate responsibility and sustainability objectives
- The day-to-day implementation of the firm’s E&S operational policies will be overseen by the ESG Lead.
- MSc or equivalent in a relevant discipline including environmental and/or social sciences, development studies, engineering or finance, and preferably a Master’s degree in the environmental or social area; development studies /development finance; or a similar area.
- 7+ years of experience working on environmental and social impact and development with investors and private sector companies/financial institutions in developing countries
- Proven work experience in a related field (ESG, sustainability, impact/socially responsible investing), preferably within development finance, E&S consulting, banking, private equity or the investment industry.
- Ability to travel often at short notice.
- Knowledge of environmental and social issues as they apply to businesses operating in developing countries.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Sales / Retail / Business Development jobs
- ESG Lead (International Investment Group) jobs