About eRecruiter Nigeria’s Job offer
Job title : Gender Based Violence Case Officer
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : March 19, 2021
Quick Recommended Links
Our client, who is a technology company that builds predictive models using expansive data on local contexts to keep people, businesses and governments ahead of pressing challenges is looking to hire a Gender Based Violence Case Officer – Call Center in Lagos
Their new mobile application – Area! is a free to download incident sharing and verification tool to keep people safe. Our client is using Area! as an AI mobile reporting tool to conduct data science into gender-based violence during and post-COVID-19 in Nigeria to improve survivor access to justice and care. The call center will work to provide case management, therapy and referrals for offline cases.
The responsibilities of a Gender Based Violence Case Officer include handling sensitive information, preparing reports and ensuring all referrals are attended to and cases appropriately closed.
Manager/Reporting Line: Gender Based Violence Case Supervisor
- Provide GBV case management and psychosocial support to vulnerable persons, particularly survivors of gender-based violence.
- Case Management by assessment of needs, implementation of an action plan and management of the action plan to ensure appropriate follow up/revision and case closure when appropriate.
- Maintain accurate records, and beneficiaries’ files to maximize confidentiality and safety.
- Contribute to updates of mapping of service providers within the area of intervention to ensure that the team is informed of all relevant and available services.
- Provide appropriate referral services to survivors including emergency response services, medical services, legal support, technology tools, therapy support, volunteer networks and others.
- Follow up all referred cases to ensure appropriate services have been provided to the survivor and report gaps in referral services to the GBV Manager for action.
- Prepare, engage and document case management technical meetings, case review meetings and referral coordination meetings, if needed.
- Submit case management reports on a weekly and monthly basis or as assigned by the supervisors.
- Work in teams to conduct quarterly analysis of GBV related incidences trends, referral gaps and related information, and present reports to the GBV Case Manager.
- Attend our client’s trainings accordingly.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Education to degree level in Psychology, Sociology, Gender Studies, Social Works, etc.
- 2 years demonstrated experience in GBV case management.
- Experience in conducting service mapping and referral pathways
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE
- Language: Speak, read and write in multiple local languages
- IT tools: Microsoft – Excel and PowerPoint, Sage, Power BI etc.
- Communication: Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Independence: Proactive and able to act independently while delivering tasks on time
- Problem solving: Critical thinking, Analytical and Problem-solving skills
- Team: Work effectively with a cross functional team.
- Demonstrated commitment to helping others
*Proximity to V.I and its environs is an added advantage*
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified Candidates Should Click here