2 weeks ago
Job title : EOI – Senior Financial Markets Specialist – PIFD
Job Location : Not specified
Deadline : June 07, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
Brief Description of the Assignment
- Under the general supervision of the Manager, Capital Markets Development Division,we have the pleasure to inform you that the African Development BankGroup(AfDB’or the Bank’) will require the Services of a Senior Financial Markets Specialistthereafter the Consultant to support in the analytical review, design, and implementation of various financial system stability focused reform, policy and investment interventions, ongoing non-lending Technical Assistance (TA) operations as well as other initiatives of the Division’s growing business operations and activities in support of financial system development in Africa.
Department issuing the request:
- Capital Markets Development Division
- Place of assignment: Abidjan/ Work from Home
- Duration of the assignment: 6 months
- Deadline for applications: June 7, 2023
- Tentative date of commencement: July 3, 2023
Required Qualification and Experience
- Advanced Degree at Master’s Level in Finance, Engineering, Project Management, Economics, Business Administration, Law or any other relevant discipline
- At least eight (8 years of relevant experience involving financial system development, quantitative and qualitative research, policy work, or investment and non-lending operations or activities aimed at financial system development in emerging and or developing markets
- Comprehensive understanding of financial market-related policy, reform and institutional strengthening issues
- Technical understanding of issues pertaining to government finance and government securities, extensive knowledge and proven experience involving financial instruments issued by governments, and demonstrated analytical and proven leadership expertise in identifying strategic policy options, undertaking feasibility studies, preparing action plans for the development of debt markets, domestic institutional investor bases, or financial system reforms and capacity building
- Sound knowledge of public debt management concepts and theories, and good understanding of domestic debt market development issues including macro-fiscal policy environment, financial soundness, systemic issues and crisis management
- Experience in identifying, assessing, and mitigating operational risks associated with financial market operations while developing and implementing risk management frameworks and controls to ensure operational resilience as well as monitoring market, credit, and operational risks, and recommending appropriate risk mitigation measures
- Demonstrable experience of providing advisory services to the government(s)or government Ministries, Department and Agencies on setting up of structures and institutional arrangements in the areas of financial system stability and or debt management and practical experience in developing procedures, and guidelines
- Knowledge and experience of project planning, project monitoring, diagnosis of problems, risk management, lessons learned & critical success factors, policies, procedures and practices of other similar institutions
- He/she will have proven analytical capacity and relevant experience in the interface of finance; ideally the Consultant will have professional experience in financial instruments, institutions, financial markets and ecosystem
- Knowledge and experience in international development and public policy, with public and private sector versatility in the financial sector would be highly desirable
- Project management-competency in project cycle management
- Proficiency in English and / or French(spoken and written) is essential including the ability to draft at a professional level in this language
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team, and independently with appropriate guidance
- Command of standard computer software applications; proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and financial market software including data platforms.
Accountability & Reporting
- The consultant will be housed in the Capital Market Division and will report to the Division Manager.
Duration And Payment:
- Duration: The consultant will be employed for 6 months.
- The position will be based in Abidjan/or remotely from home with travels as appropriate to undertake specific assignments in the RMCs.
- Professional Fees and Reimbursable: The consultant will be paid a competitive monthly rate in accordance with bank guidelines.
- Travel: All travel arrangements and payment shall be in accordance with the Bank’s Travel Policy (P.I 003/2000 as amended).
- Payment: Payment shall be made in USD or Euros not later than 45 days on the basis of monthly invoices (and copies of receipt invoices) submitted by the consultant after the end of the month induplicate, but only after submission and acceptance of any/all associated deliverables.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Expressions of Interest to the attention of Jeanne KOUADIO, via: email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com specifically mentioning “Individual Consultant Senior Financial Markets Specialist” as the subject of the mail.
- Accounting / Financial Services jobs
- EOI – Senior Financial Markets Specialist – PIFD jobs