Job title : Environmental Social and Governance (ESG) Manager
Job Location : Abuja
Deadline : December 17, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
Requisition ID: 16175
Job Grade: HL 15
Roles and Responsibilities
- MySol Grid is currently developing additional mini-grids and looking for an ESG Manager to lead EEA Nigeria’s ESG Strategy, Policies and guidelines, including on human rights.
The ESG Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Create and update EEA Nigeria’s ESG Strategy, policies and procedures.
- In line with international ESG standards and as required by EEA’s investors provide an E&S risk management matrix to the investment process and for the lifecycle of the portfolio or project.
- Train the EEA’s Team, Contractors, and other partners on ESG risk management applicable to the relevant projects.
- Develop ESG requirements for external partners and Lead the ESG Onboarding of external partners.
- Assess external partner’s compliance in development and construction.
- Oversee the implementation of the ESCG requirement for the project lifecycles (ESIA, ESMP, Permits, ESMSs, SG risk registers, stakeholder engagement plans (SEPs), emergency preparedness and response plans (EPRPs), grievance mechanisms), conducting site visits, and reviewing reports from the external parties,
- Ensure compliance with investors, and ENGIE Group corporate governance policies for both CBEA and its external partners.
- Responsible for all ESG reports as required for all stakeholders.
- Any other duties and responsibilities in relation with mini-grid activities within the cluster to be assigned by the Head of Mini Grids in execution of the Company activities in line with rules and regulations of the Company
- At EEA, we have high expectations for our managers. Each manager plays a key role in creating an exceptional experience not only for our customers but for every person on our team. Our managers help EEA realize our ambitious goals while developing their own leadership skills and facilitating growth for their direct reports.
We believe that great managers:
- Deliver ambitious results: As a high-performing and accountable leader, you create an enabling environment for effective action and bold decisions that contribute to the successful delivery of results.
- Act with integrity: As an ethical leader you are honest, respectful, objective, and transparent. You create and build upon a foundation of trust and openness.
- Inspire and mentor the team: As an inspirational leader, you walk the talk. You empower and coach your team with trust and humility.
- Are accessible: as an accessible leader, you develop and maintain deep connections with stakeholders through approachability and active listening.
- Ensure diversity and inclusion: as an inclusive leader, you ensure diversity and foster a sense of belonging
Skills and Competences
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant discipline Environmental Management, Sustainability.
- Masters’s Degree is an added advantage
- 5+ years of experience in ESG or sustainability
- Experience in monitoring ESG compliance and enforcing ESG standards in infrastructure projects.
- Relevant national or international ESG certifications or coursework.
- Experience in the Nigerian Market.
- Experience in energy access or solar power system is an added advantage.
- A track record of excellence across educational and professional career.
- Efficient with Microsoft Office tools, including Microsoft Teams, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Administrative / Management jobs
- Environmental Social and Governance (ESG) Manager jobs