Job title : Energy Systems Design Engineer
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : November 30, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
- The Energy Systems Design Engineer is responsible for providing technical and commercial support by designing technical solution BOQ and designs that fit proposed client-specific PV, storage, and hybrid energy solutions.
- Ensures that appropriate technical and engineering considerations and risk assessments are captured for bid or investment decisions.
- This role is a key contributor to commercial and technical impact evaluation during design, transfer to construction, and project/site managers. For diversity, we highly encourage female applicants.
- From the project brief, understand the customer objectives and define the strategy to win the deal.
- When necessary, conduct site survey, energy audit and analyses the customer needs.
- Responsible for preparing technical solution BOQ and design using Pvsyst, Homer Pro, Helioscope e.t.c.
- Manages the preparation of bids, proposal technical content, conformance to Request for Proposal (RFP) requirements, customer liaison through sales and vendor coordination.
- Perform the costing in coordination with the supply chain and logistics manager, marketing, finance, and other internal key stakeholders.
- Produce a comprehensive technical offer.
- Participate/contribute technically with sales to the negotiations to close the deal.
- Draft and revise plans for photovoltaic solar systems for SME and C&I scale systems utilizing AutoCAD or PC Schematic.
- Document and apply building and electrical code requirements across local jurisdictions.
- Create solar layout mock-ups and drawings as requested.
- Communicate with sales consultants, site inspectors, and project managers to develop the right system for each client.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualification & Work Experience
- First Degree or master’s degree in electrical/Power Engineering
- Experience in preparing technical solution BOQ and design using Pvsyst, Homer Pro, Helioscope.
- Minimum of 5 Years working experience in the field of Design and Development of Electrical & Power Systems.
- Working experience of Solar Solution Design.
- Working experience in power generation, transmission, and distribution systems.
- Working experience in a switch yard design and management.
- Designing of Electrical Control Panel System.
- Basic Knowledge of PLC & Microcontroller based Systems.
- Back Up system designing based on Inverter Solution.
- Knowledge on various types of Batteries.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail to identify root cause technical issues.
Personal & Work Skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to discuss complex situations with others both in person and remotely.
- Fluent English; spoken and written.
- Good ability to identify and develop improvement opportunities in the key equipment area, as well as their integration into the utility scale PV Plant. Appetite to define and implement such improvements in the area, while building a team supportive to Starsight growth targets.
- Strategic thinking and time management abilities.
- Flexible, reliable, assertive, consistent & with a can do attitude.
- Forward thinking, a problem solver and solution provider (solution oriented).
- Able to promote a positive working culture within the team and in a cross-functional areas role.
- Team player.
- Self-starter and self-confident.
- Present yourself with integrity, credibility and professionalism.
- Ability to prioritize
- Competitive compensation package, medical insurance, Trainings, Life Insurance
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Engineering / Technical jobs
- Energy Systems Design Engineer jobs