US Embassy’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Electrical Maintenance Worker
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : August 22, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
- Hiring Path: Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
- For USEFM – FP is 09. Actual FP salary determined by Washington D.C.
- All Interested Applicants / All Sources
- Security Clearance Required: Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Appointment Type Details: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
- The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (48 hours per week)
- Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (6 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances / certifications or their candidacy may end
- Supervisory Position: No
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
- Travel Required: Not Required
- Working in the Facility Management section of the Consulate, the Electrical Maintenance Worker carries out scheduled and unscheduled electrical preventive maintenance and repair work to all mission buildings and facilities including residential owned and leased properties.
Qualifications and Evaluations
A minimum of three (3) years of experience in the repair and maintenance of electrical systems, equipment and components experience as an electrical apprentice or installer is required.
- Maintenance and repair of power and lighting circuits associated with switchboards and control gear in single-phase and polyphase systems.
- Minor component replacement and repairs of motors, generators, controls, and recording instruments.
- Electrical testing procedures in circuitry and control devices to monitor, diagnose faults, determine continuity, insulation resistance, impedance and capacity levels, all in accordance with US and host country regulations.
- Reading and working from engineering drawings, specifications, electrical schematics, control circuits and material list.
- Completion of Secondary School is required.
- This may be tested. Please your level of proficiency in the language listed.
- Limited knowledge Reading / Writing / Speaking English is required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Communication and interpersonal skills to answer queries from end-users.
- Ability to work as part of a team, work under pressure and a tight schedule.
- A flexible approach to work shifts and answer emergency calls at all hours.
- Must have a valid Nigerian driver’s license
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
- The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
- NGN 4,834,097 (USD 34,770) annually.
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Lagos, Nigeria may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply online