EL-Lab Medical Diagnostics and Research Center’s Career and Recruitment Offer
Job title : Radiograher / Sonographer
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : April 15, 2021
Quick Recommended Links
Location: Surulere, Lagos
- Performing and processing a range of radiographic examinations including X-rays (routine and special investigations), ECG,and Ultra-sound scans to obtain high-quality images.
- To provide support and reassurance to patients, taking into account their physical and psychological needs;
- Assisting the Radiologist with advanced preparations, intervention procedures, and more complex radiological examinations.
- Preparing the patients for their procedure including explaining in full detail how the procedure works (and ways to manage possible side effects) and addressing any questions or concerns along with compiling a medical history for the patients and providing them with necessary protective clothing or gear.
- Taking responsibility for radiation safety in the work area by keeping up to date in health and safety guidelines as well as ionizing radiation regulations, to protect yourself and others, including checking equipment for malfunctions and errors.
- Regularly inspect diagnostic equipment to ensure they are functional and operate efficiently and promptly report malfunctions and faults in order to prevent ill-exposure to ionizing radiation.
- Reporting of incidents and near misses related to patients and staff safety in accordance with El-lab limited rules.
- Directing and supervising radiography and imaging technicians/support assistants.
- Recording imaging identification and patient documentation quickly and accurately and observing protocols to ensure compliance with the Data Protection Act and patient confidentiality;
- Establishing and enforcing standards for the protection of patients and personnel.
- Organizing work schedules and maintaining patient records in the radiology department.
- Participating in continuing education activities to maintain and develop expertise and stay up-to-date with the latest industry developments, advances, and technology.
- Use mobile/portable devices to conduct diagnostic images on patients who can’t move to the El-Lab radiology unit
- Participating in quality improvement activities including discussions of areas where the risk of error is high.
- Directing, supervising, and coordinating technical functions and activities in the radiology department.
- Coordinating performance improvement, utilization management, and risk management policies and procedures, and participating in, to the extent reasonably necessary any licensure, accreditation, and certification surveys that involve El-lab radiology department
- Ensuring that current regulatory criteria by the Lagos State HEFAMAA and Nigerian Nuclear Regulatory Authority (NNRA) are met at all times.
- Maintaining professional knowledge and expertise in the radiology department and acting as a resource for others, including radiology department staff, physicians, nurses, porters etc.
- Incorporating principles of educational methodology in the instruction of (new) employees in the radiology department’s service/continuing education program
- Adhere to guidelines as required by legal, accreditation, licensing, and regulatory bodies.
- Monitoring departmental supplies to ensure no stock-outs.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience: 1 – 5 years.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.