Job title : EH WASH Infrastructure Officer
Job Location : Adamawa
Deadline : March 06, 2024
Quick Recommended Links
The EH Officer Infrastructure will play a fundamental role in the success of the project by closely supervising water and sanitation infrastructures as well as promoting good hygiene practices amongst the target population conducive to reducing mortality and morbidity related to water and faecal-borne diseases.
- Ensure water and sanitation infrastructure activities are implemented in a timely and professional manner while considering beneficiary needs as per the SPHERE standards.
- Conduct rapid and detailed assessments aimed at establishing knowledge, awareness and practices of the target community with regard to hygiene.
- Assist the EH/WASH Manager in the design and implementation of the Water and Sanitation infrastructure M&E Plan.
- Maintain close links and collaboration with other IRC sectors and in particular Health, Nutrition, Protection, Gender, CYPD (Child and Youth Protection and Development), Women Protection and Empowerment (WPE), and Economic Recovery and Development (ERD).
Grant Planning & Implementation
- Prepare and maintain/update detailed work plan(s) that support the achievement of the overall grant timeline and completion date.
- Provide direction and monitor staff in their implementation of the work plan and quality of activities, share relevant information and direction to improve quality and achieve timelines.
- Assist the EH Manager in the design of all infrastructure related assessments, monitoring and evaluation tools.
- Directly be involved in the designs and implementation of water supply infrastructures including but not be limited to drilling of shallow and deep boreholes, installation of future hand pumps, installation of solar submersible pumps, construction of elevated water storage tanks, trenching and piping for water supply reticulation systems, construction of well aprons and communal tap stands with appropriate drainage.
- Directly be involved in the designs implementation of sanitation facilities including but not limited to Communal latrines, house hold latrines, Solid waste pits/bins, Hand washing stations, Drainage, Menstrual Hygiene Management facilities and bathing shelters.
- Identify and train Water Point attendants and Pump Technicians and motorized/solar systems Operators within WASH committees.
- Closely coordinate emergency water supply in camps with maintaining accurate records on water trucking.
- If required, supervise water trucking deliveries, water chlorination and water quality monitoring.
- Provide weekly reports of progress on the construction of water and sanitation facilities to EH Manager.
- Provide regular water quality monitoring reports to EH Manager
- Seek guidance and approval from EH Manager Water and Sanitation on any changes to approved designs for water supply including water trucking concerns.
- Maintain comprehensive control systems on materials and tools used including notes on quality of materials.
- Coordinate closely with the EH Assistant Infrastructure and M&E on water quantity and quality issues, location of water sources/communal taps while considering beneficiary needs.
- Submit periodic and ad hoc reports on progress and monitoring activities as requested by the EH Manager
- Participate in the formation/training of community WASH committees.
- Assist in the orientation of newly arrived national staff on the team when requested.
- Any other duty as assigned by the supervisor.
Grant Monitoring & Reporting
- Undertake regular field monitoring visits to assess progress and identify technical quality issues and/or other implementation issues, provide solutions and implement modifications as required.
- Ensure all monitoring activities are fully documented, including systematic and timely data collection as required under the grant and for IRC M&E purposes.
- Produce/contribute to IRC and donor reports as per set schedules (weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually) on grant activities, indicators and achievements.
Coordination & Representation
- Work closely and coordinate with IRC logistics, finance and grant staff to ensure timely and complaint program activities and expenditures; including active participation in grant opening/closing and review meetings.
- Undertake/participate in liaison, coordination, and information sharing activities with national NGOs, international organizations, donors and government at field level.
- Assist in the collection of data, assessments and proposal development for the sector.
- Consistently and proactively monitor/assess the safety and security of the team; promptly reporting concerns or incidents to IRC management and liaise with community leaders and other external parties as required to maintain/enhance the security environment for IRC programs.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IRC programs.
- B. Sc. /High National Diploma in Civil, Water Resources, Building technology/ Engineering, Hydrogeology with hand on experience in developing and adopting emergency WASH technologies and designs experience in implementation of water and sanitation projects – relevant experience will supersede the formal qualification.
- At least 5 years professional experience with NGOs (INGO experience preferred)
- Previous experience leading teams in public awareness raising campaigns focussed on water and sanitation related health issues.
- Competent user of MS Applications: Word, Excel; Auto CAD or similar, Google Earth
- Working knowledge of SPHERE standards
- Proven abilities in developing work plans, data collection and analysis and performance monitoring.
- Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
- Self-motivated, honest, highly responsible, and punctual
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as to work autonomously when required.
- Confident communicator, able to command respect from a wide range of people.
- Fluency in English and Hausa language preferred.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Engineering / Technical jobs
- EH WASH Infrastructure Officer jobs