International Rescue Committee’s Career and Recruitment Vacancy
Job title : Education Officer jobs in Adamawa
Job Location : Adamawa
Deadline : October 14, 2021
Quick Recommended Links
Location: Michika, Adamawa
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
- The IRC Nigeria is currently expanding its education portfolio in the northeast of the country. A priority outcome for the country program is that girls and boys enrol in and attend safe, functioning, responsive education services. The IRC aims to both rebuild, reequip, and staff damaged school infrastructure and enhance the quality of education through curriculum improvements in formal and non-formal institutions, with a particular focus on social and emotional learning
- The IRC is partnering with ECHO under the Pilot Programmatic Partnership to deliver a three-year regional Programme titled Û÷Protective and adaptive Education Approaches for Children in Emergencies (PEACE)Ûª in Nigeria, Niger, and Cameroon between 2020 and 2023. In Nigeria, PEACE takes an integrated and adaptive approach to education and child protection, to support more than 81,000 school-aged boys and girls most affected by crisis across Borno, Adamawa, and Yobe States (BAY) to access and learn in safe educational environments.
- The Education Officer will be responsible for the overall management of educational activities in the respective state and LGAs accordingly (either in Borno, Adamawa or Yobe State). S/he will be responsible for providing technical leadership for all the education activities, including leading and coordinating the non-formal education program and systems support activities at the national and state level. The position requires experience with teacher training, policy and practice, designing programs for data collection and analysis, and personnel management.
- Oversee the implementation of all PEACE project activities in one of the assigned states (Borno, Adamawa or Yobe) in both formal and non-formal schools.
- Work in collaboration with the Child Protection Team in the implementation of the project activities, ensuring integration of CP and education in the project.
- Oversee training, coaching and ongoing support for teachers, tutors and learning facilitators in order to improve instructional practices in literacy, numeracy and social and emotional skills.
- Ensure technical coordination of state-level activities related to teacher education and curriculum development, and obtain support from directorates and local government authorities as needed
- Oversee the selection of learning facilitators (teachers) and tutors for the intervention and contribute to tools for selection such as assessment tools.
- Oversee the initial training of learning facilitators, as well as their continuous professional development.
- Monitor progress towards the objectives and intended outputs pertaining to teacher education using routine data, spot checks, observation, and other methodologies.
- Provide regular written and verbal reports on education activities to supervisor.
- Promote the quality of non-formal education activities by setting up quality assurance mechanisms and checks in collaboration with other staff.
- University Degree in Education, Social Sciences, or any other relevant field
- At least three years of relevant professional experience with an international or civil society organization, including direct implementation of education programming
- At least five years of experience related to teacher professional development.
- Experience working with displaced or otherwise marginalized communities required
- Strong verbal communication skills and effective in representation and liaison with external actors
- Excellent spoken and technical writing ability in English, including report writing
- Good computer skills in programs including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Good leadership skills
- Good administrative skills
- Ability to work under pressure in challenging working and living conditions
- Willingness to travel extensively in northeast Nigeria, including to remote and/or insecure locations.
Key Working Relationships
- Position Reports to: Senior Education Officer in the state with dotted line reporting to State Education Manager (Borno state)
- Position directly supervises: NILL
- Indirect Reporting: State Education Manager.
- The position may require frequent travel to a deep field.
- A standard office work environment will be applicable for the position.
- For any field visits, security protocols must be adhered to.
*Education Officer jobs in Nigeria
*Education / Teaching Jobs jobs in Adamawa
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified Candidates should Click here to apply Online
*Education / Teaching Jobs jobs in Nigeria