Eden Solutions and Resources’s Career and Recruitment Offer
Job title : Vice Principal Student Affairs (Pastoral Care)
Job Location : Cross River
Deadline : April 10, 2021
Quick Recommended Links
Our Client, an international school operating with British Curriculum located in Calabar, Cross-River State is looking to recruit highly experienced and professional candidates to fill the following positions:
VICE PINICIPAL STUDENT AFFAIRS (PASTORAL CARE)
The Vice Principal Student Affairs is a senior executive position with responsibility for the continuing development and implementation of the Pastoral Care & Well-being programme. Ideal Candidate will report to the School Head andl lead the Pastoral Care & Well-being team to ensure that out of class activities pastoral care and well-being continue to be delivered to the highest standard. With demonstrable experience in a similar role candidate must have a working knowledge of Boarding Schools National Minimum Standards (UK), child protection, and duty of care.
- Maintaining and improving good staff relationships by regularly reviewing and improving the channels of communication.
- Play an active role in the recruitment of all academic and non- academic staff as and when required
- Demonstrate care and concern for the spiritual, emotional, social and academic development of students in consultation with the School Head
- Assume responsibility for the current and future visioning of the Pastoral Care & Well-being programme and the effective development of leadership to ensure successful implementation.
- In conjunction with the Vice Principal Studies produce an annual homework timetable – when homework should be set
- Ensure the Year coordinators and Class teachers are supported in their delivery of the Behaviour Management practices;
- In cooperation with the Guidance Counselor and associated support staff, have oversight of the counseling support of students;
- Link with Dorm Parents to foster a Hostel culture and student leadership across the school;
- Facilitate the mentoring of student leaders in conjunction with other key pastoral care staff;
- Prepare and submit the Pastoral Care & Well-being strategic plan to the Board by the end of the first term
- To manage efficiently the staffing, organisation and resources of the boarding house; to provide for the safety, welfare, good discipline and pastoral wellbeing of all students in the house
- To report to teachers, the School Head, as appropriate, any matters of concern;
- A registered teacher with demonstrated competence in teaching and learning in the classroom
- Academic qualifications in keeping with the level of responsibility preferably Masters in Education Degree in Guidance/Counselling, Psychology or related field.
- Conversant and experienced in using digital technologies relevant to the management of a school
- Ability to analyse problems and formulate clear and effective solutions
- A thorough knowledge and understanding of current and emerging trends in pastoral care & well-being with an educational context/environment
- Minimum of 10 years experience in an International School with boarding facilities
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as subject of email.