UN Women’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Driver jobs in Borno
Job Location : Borno
Deadline : June 28, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Type of Contract: Service Contract
Post Level: SB-2
Languages Required: English
Duration of Initial Contract: 9 months with possibility of extension
- UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
- Under the supervision of the Program Manager with strategic reporting to the Operations Manager/Administrative Associate, the Driver provides reliable and safe driving services to UN Women Staff and other high-ranking UN officials and visitors ensuring the highest standards of discretion and integrity, sense of responsibility, and excellent knowledge of protocol and security issues.
- The Driver also demonstrates a client-oriented approach, courtesy, confidentiality, tact and ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds
Duties and Responsibilities
Provide reliable and secure driving services:
- Drive office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel.
- Deliver and collect mail, documents and other items to Government Offices/Embassies/Commercial Establishments/ UN Offices;
- Meet official personnel and visitors at the airport, including visa and customs formalities arrangements when required;
- Verify that all passengers wear seatbelts at all times in the vehicle;
- Ensure all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
- Ensure vehicle comply with the Minimum Operating Security Standards (MOSS).
Provide proper use of vehicle:
- Ensure cost-saving by driving responsibly;
- Maintain daily vehicle logs, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil change, servicing, greasing, repairs;
- Provide inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
Provide day to day maintenance of the assigned vehicle:
- Ensure that the official vehicle is kept clean and is always in good working condition;
- Make minor repairs and make arrangements for major repairs;
- Change oil, check tires, lights horn, clutch and brakes and wash car regularly;
- Ensure that vehicles comply with Minimum Operating Security Standards (MOSS).
Maintain and ensure availability of all required documents/supplies:
- Maintain and ensure availability of all required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, and map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle;
- Ensure that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
Provide general administrative and logistic support as needed:
- Assist office staff in filing, photocopying and maintaining required records;
- Assist in the mailing and distribution of publications and payments of bills, as required.
Key Performance Indicators
- Quality and timely driving services; safe and on-time
- Quality care and maintenance of vehicle
- Timely inputs to logs and records
Required Skills and Experience
Education and Certification:
- Completion of Secondary Education is required.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience as a driver in an international organization, embassy, or UN system with a safe driving record
- Experience driving 4×4/Armored vehicles in rough terrain
- Quality, safe and timely driving services;
- Overseeing routine vehicle maintenance
- Experience keeping vehicle records and logs
- Fluency in English is required
- Knowledge of Hausa is a strong asset.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Excellent driving skills;
- Good knowledge of driving rules and regulations, local roads and conditions;
- Good defensive driving skills;
- Skills in minor vehicle repairs;
- Ability to be on time.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply online