2 weeks ago
Job title : Driver
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : June 01, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
The IFC Lagos, Nigeria office is looking to recruit a Driver. This position reports to the Lagos Country Manager.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for driving safely and efficiently IFC vehicles and authorized passengers to approved appointments, airport collections, project visits, and wherever necessary as specified by the Office Administrator.
- Responsible for delivery and collection of mail, documents, and other items as may be agreed with the Office Administrator.
- Ensures that all safety regulations, security operating procedures, and standard UN procedures are followed and met at all times for all intra and inter-city transport services. Ensures that all mandated security-related equipment is present and operational in the vehicles at all times and that all required documentation is present always. Responsible for following all steps required by rules and regulations necessary in the case of accidents or other incidents involving IFC vehicle or its passengers.
- Access necessary software applications and carry out instructions given as appropriate.
- Responsible for monitoring all vehicles for prompt scheduled maintenance and report all general performance of vehicles to the Office Administrator.
- Responsible for keeping vehicles clean on a daily basis, externally and internally, including the engine compartment. Also checks general wear and tear of exterior and interior fittings of the vehicles and report to the Office Administrator.
- To inspect vehicles daily for tire pressures, engine oil, brake fluid, radiator, coolant, fuel level, battery water level and any other requirements.
- Ensure that all vehicles are equipped with a spare tire(s), tool kit, jack, wheel spanner, tow rope, jump leads, a set of necessary fan belts, fire extinguisher and first aid tool box.
- To accurately log all mileage covered (using the vehicle movement log sheet provided) and state reasons for any journeys made and ensure Office Administrator signs off the authorizations of all vehicle movements.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Office Administrator.
- Minimum of secondary school, diploma or equivalent.
- At least 5 years driving experience; defensive driving skills training will be an advantage.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Fluency in French (spoken and written), English knowledge will be an advantage.
- Good knowledge of the city of Lagos and other surrounding areas.
- Good driving record references.
- Proactive, takes ownership, mature, flexible personality.
- Team player, good people skills, ability to work with people from different countries, and a strong client focus.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Driving jobs
- Driver jobs