Job title : Driver
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : February 19, 2024
Quick Recommended Links
To support in the provision of secure transportation of personnel, materials and other resources for British Council in accordance with the organisation’s policies and standards.
Main accountabilities but not limited to the following:
- Carry out driving duties in line with travel bookings, activity and event management plans and ensure safety of passengers and personal safety is prioritized at all times while driving.
- Always provide excellent customer service and especially as the first point of contact to British Council visitors and UK colleagues at the airport
- Clean vehicles at the start of the work day; ensure vehicle cleanliness is maintained throughout the day.
- Ensure vehicles are serviced in line with service schedule and ensure regular routine vehicle checks including oil/water/tyre pressure are made at least weekly.
- Refuel vehicles regularly in readiness for long journeys at short notice.
- Maintain and keep always up to date the vehicle logbooks, journey and fuel records
- Be always vigilant to the possibility of robbery from the vehicle; lock doors while driving.
- Keep Facilities Officer/Manager informed of unusual traffic conditions, and alert Security Manager to any security incidents on the road
- Ensure your mobile phone is kept switched on and charged while driving; use hands-free to operate mobile phone
- Ensure your driving documents and licence are kept up to date and available; report any losses to the Facilities Manager/Officer
- SSCE certificate
- Valid Nigeria driver’s licence
- In depth knowledge of designated locations in Lagos city, knowledge of road travels across Southwest Nigeria and Lagos/Abuja route.
- Thorough knowledge of road signs and Nigeria driving rules and regulations
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role within the corporate sector
- Advanced driving skills and experience on both manual and automatic
- Experience of working as part of a successful team/function
- Good customer services/interpersonal skills
- Basic IT skills including word and excel.
Professional Certification courses
- Defensive Driving Course
- Federal Road safety Driving training
- Certificate in Escort and Security Driving
- Basic mechanical knowledge
- Participation in previous defensive driving training
- Experience operating in a complex, multi-cultural context.
- Degree in any field is desirable.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Driver jobs