Dow’s Career and Recruitment Offer
Job title : Business Development Manager (CDP Programme) – North & West Africa
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : April 16, 2021
Quick Recommended Links
Job Number: R2013626
- Dow is looking for a Business Development Manager via the Dow Commercial Development Program, located in one of our offices in West or North Africa.
- You will become part of an international cohort across the regions Europe, Middle East, Africa, and India forming the Trainee Wave of 2021. During the intensive induction program:
- You will be prepared to becoming Dow’s next generation of customer-centric sales professional by attending advanced sales management classroom training and working sessions in three different Dow locations across Europe (The Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland)
- You will develop selling, negotiation, and presentation skills to become a Solutions Consultant to our customers in a complex B2B markets by handling real-life Sales and Marketing projects
- You will be trained to gain the technical skills to select, apply and modify Performance Silicones for optimized customer benefit, across a broad variety of markets and end uses.
- You will immediately be responsible for handling existing accounts and developing new business/growth opportunities for the Dow Performance Silicones business
- You will drive innovation sales in the Dow Performance Silicones business while becoming the key interface between internal R&D, Marketing and Customer R&D in order to develop understanding of customer needs, introduce new products as well as validate value propositions with sustainability in mind
- Network with Dow Senior leadership and shadow experienced Dow colleagues for early career mentoring and coaching
- After successful completion of the Commercial Development Program, you will become a Business Development Manager representing the Dow Performance Silicones business in North & West Africa, while interfacing with customers across all organizational levels.
Business Development Manager’s responsibilities include:
- Build and develop relationships with diverse external customers (direct and indirect) and internal stakeholders
- Achieve financial and commercial targets in assigned territory as derived by business strategies and marketing plans
- Must use commercial tools in the job (CRM, Vendavo, MAPs, Excel, Powerpoint, Word)
- Utilize extensive knowledge of customers’ total needs and Dow’s product offerings to form customer strategies and promote long term sustainable value creation
- Solve customer problems by working collaboratively with customers and a variety of internal functions
- You shall have a natural desire to learn, exhibit a high degree of self-motivation, and embrace a pro-active attitude. If you feel you possess effective communication skills paired with analytical and strategic thinking and enjoy working on teams in a diverse and empowering environment, we are looking forward to meeting you!
Further job requirements include:
- Master’s Degree in Chemistry, Engineering, Architecture, or Business with a clear technical interest. An additional MBA or other business education is a plus.
- Experience in Sales, Technical Service, Engineering, or Marketing or in a related industry of up to 3 – 6 years is an advantage
- Proven fluency in French and English is required; additional language skills are an asset
- Willingness to travel and flexibility to work extended hours at times
- A valid driver’s license is a must.
- A robust total rewards program, including: competitive base pay, variable pay that rewards individual, team, and Company performance, and comprehensive benefits
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified Candidates should Click here