African Development Bank’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Disbursement Registry and Records Assistant jobs in Not specified
Job Location : Not specified
Deadline : July 20, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
- The Vice Presidency for Finance oversees the financial management of the Bank Group.
- This encompasses the Bank Group’s treasury activities including borrowings from the capital markets and investment activities; controllership functions including financial reporting and loan administration; strategic resource mobilization and the strengthening of the non-statutory financial resources and instruments; the overall asset/liability management for the Bank Group.
The Hiring Department / Division
- The Financial Control Department of the African Development Bank (The Bank) is responsible for accounting for the financial consequences of the Bank Group’s transactions and decisions, and for the preparation, fair presentation and overall integrity of the internal financial reports and published financial statements. The department is also responsible for loan administration and accounting and related fiduciary responsibilities, including disbursement of funds to projects and programs financed by the Bank Group.
- Lastly, the department provides decision support and expertise in the development and implementation of financial control policies, operational and financial strategies and related information systems.
- The primary objective of the Loan Disbursement Division is to ensure compliance with key fiduciary related articles in the Agreement Establishing the African Development Bank and Fund. Ensure that adequate controls are maintained around the disbursement of Bank Group financed project.
- Under the Supervision of the Division Manager, the Disbursement Registry and Records Assistant is primarily responsible for :
- Receiving and registering disbursement applications;
- Determination of the completeness of borrowers’ requests in accordance with the Bank’s policies and procedures;
- Verification of documentation.
- Administration of the client connection platform.
- The Disbursement Registry and Records Assistant report to the Chief Disbursement Controller.
- He/She works as part of a team responsible for ensuring timely disbursements of proceeds from Bank Group and cofinanced projects in accordance with relevant loan and protocol agreements and Bank Group policies.
- Receive disbursement applications sent to the Bank for payment;
- Provide accurate and efficient data input service in disbursement registry;
- Determine the completeness of the disbursement applications (ensuring complete banking details of the beneficiary, confirm applications signed by duly authorized persons etc.);
- Update disbursement applications in SAP as additional previously missing information becomes available and ensure completeness
- Create link between disbursement applications registered in SAP and electronic disbursement applications stored in the document management system
- Create/maintain borrower, executing agency and supplier master data ensuring accuracy of bank account information;
- Ensure effective transfer of disbursement applications between the registry and disbursement assistants/officers;
- Manage the transfer of disbursement applications received on the client connection platform and ensure prompt transfer to the document management system;
- Ensure the completeness of disbursement applications received and registered in SAP;
- Develop/maintain a filing, archiving and document tracking system;
- Develop and maintain electronic filing system for key disbursement documents;
- Ensure the completeness, quality and accessibility of documents produced and received in the Division ;
- Ensure effective management of the archiving space assigned to the department;
- Manage the division email box and shared document folders;
- Administer the client connection platform and help clients to register;
- Respond to client queries submitted on the client connection platform;
- Work with system developers to develop new functionality and enhance existing disbursement process ;
- Participate in training of disbursement assistants and officers in Headquarters and Country Offices on registry procedures;
- Participate in the design of materials for disbursement registry training;
- Respond to questions regarding disbursement registration procedure
- Any other duties reasonably requested by management.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems Management or related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant practical working experience.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and competence in the use of other standard software used in the Bank such as SAP, Word, Access and Power Point. A good knowledge of Capture Perfect software and records system software (DARMS- IBM FileNet) will be an advantage.
- Working experience using a centralized data management system in a large and busy archiving environment.
- High level communication and organisational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and/or French, with a working knowledge of the other language.
- Strong analytical skills, with strong numerical ability, and great attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to provide feedback.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply online