Job title : Director, Research & Programs
Job Location : Abuja
Deadline : December 20, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
Strategic Planning and Thought Leadership
- Steward and build upon the overall Research Program Vision and strategy with a goal to ensure Welcome2Africa remains an internationally recognized institute providing independent thought leadership and results to achieve our mission
- Improve W2A’s work to serve as a thought leader in the national dialogue related to W2A’s mission including
- Overseeing the writing and publishing of thought leadership pieces and other relevant content
- Presenting at relevant meeting, summits and conferences
- Informing and participating in relevant national, regional and other collaborative efforts
- Facilitate cross-departmental collaboration and strengthen internal communications with staff throughout the organization. Filter ideas and translate them into functional plans for the company
- Ensure technical support and management of W2A including;
- Ensuring all W2A’s projects align with W2A’s research program priorities, guidelines and criteria.
- Ensuring W2A continues to provide top-tier research oversight, input and review for all research
- Oversee programmatic guidance and strategy documents, such as program strategies, agendas, research plans, concept notes including maintaining existing documents.
- Cultivate clarity, trust, alignment, and accountability across the organization
- Design & implement scalable solutions (systems, processes, and people) needed to support current operations, and expected growth and to minimize growing pains
- Assess, maintain and build company resources to satisfy stakeholder objectives including overseeing the strategy for stakeholder management, assessing the need for developing strategies to maintain collaborations of W2A’s research priorities and program activities.
- Develop, enhance, and optimize operational road maps and benchmarks.
- Develop strategic portfolio initiatives and effective business plans aligned with organizational objectives to generate more revenue, increase brand loyalty, and improve customer satisfaction.
- Constantly monitor the market, identify trends, and support the CEO to inform action-planning.
Corporate Governance and Leadership
- Ensure that everyone is truly following, and adhering to, the company’s core processes and operating system with consistency. Including mechanisms for continuous improvement
- Ensure the departments have the support & resources needed to accomplish their best work, including advocating on their behalf and clearing bottlenecks as needed
- Directly oversee the leadership team, and by extension, their departments. Hold the department heads accountable to exceptionally high standards of execution & performance
- Seamless coordination with departmental leads in identifying business development opportunities and addressing market challenges, while effectively resolving any issues.
- Closely monitor key performance metrics, ensuring service quality, speed, and resource efficiency consistently meet and exceed established targets.
- Serve on W2A’s executive team, collaborating to make organization-wide decisions such as those related to structure, staffing and strategic priorities
- Coordinate with CEO and company secretary to plan engagement with the Board of Directors
- Working with the CEO, Finance Analyst and the Board Committee to prepare a comprehensive annual budget and longer-term financial plans for Board review and approval.
- Maintain fiscal responsibility, timely reporting, and ongoing transparency with the Board about the organization’s finances.
- Develop and implement the management structure staff members of both Programs and Research Teams
- Supervise Programs and Research Team members in providing support on work assignments, work prioritization, performance appraisals, ongoing advice and support
- Minimum Master’s degree in Finance, wildlife biology or related field.
- Minimum 15 years of overall professional experience in program management and leading research programs combined with an executive-level background, including a minimum of 10 years supervisory experience.
- A financially savvy and politically astute leader with the ability to set clear priorities, delegate, and guide investment in people and systems.
- Outstanding coalition building skills with an ability to communicate and work effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Record of publications in recognized peer-reviewed journals
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills.
- High degree of professionalism in dealing with diverse groups of people.
What We Offer?
- We are conscious of how our work and decisions impact other humans and the environment.
- Welcome2Africa has consideration for the wellbeing and happiness of team. We believe in working in enabling environments that allows employees to live a meaningful, fulfilled life.?
?Therefore, we offer our staff
- Competitive Salary
- Performance Bonus
- 24 days annual leave
- Opportunity to work with a talented and dynamic team
- Company retreats
- Career opportunities to grow
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified Candidates should submit a cover letter, CV and salary expectations to email@example.com. Only complete applications will be considered.
- NGO/Non-Profit jobs
- Director, Research & Programs jobs