National Open University of Nigeria’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Director, Physical Development, Works & Services jobs in Abuja
Job Location : Abuja
Deadline : 23-May-22
Quick Recommended Links
The post of the Director, Physical Development, Works & Services (DPDW&S) of the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) is currently vacant. In accordance with the provisions of the National Open University Act CAP N63. The Governing Council of the University wishes to commence the process for the appointment of suitable and qualified candidates for the post of Director, Physical Development, Works and Services. Interested candidates are requested to note the following information:
- The Director, Physical Development, Works and Services shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for planning, development of physical infrastructure, maintenance & provision of works & services of the University;
- He/She shall advise on building needs, designs, supervision/undertaking of construction of physical assets in terms of quality and quantity and perform other duties as may be assigned by the Vice Chancellor.
Requirements for the Candidate
- The candidate for the position of Director, Physical Development Works & Services must possess a minimum of Second Class Lower Degree from a recognized University or equivalent qualification in Architecture, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Building, Urban and Regional Planning and Estate Management with at least fifteen (15) years post-qualification relevant experience in a higher Institution.
- Applicants must be registered and active member of relevant professional body.
The candidate is expected to:
- Demonstrate evidence of consummate management and leadership passion and drive in previous positions and in addition, must possess excellent communication and interpersonal relationship skills;
- Exhibit the ability to be a team leader, who can lead by example, has clear mentorship skills and plans, should not be older than sixty
- Not be below the rank of Deputy Director, who has spent at least four (4) years on the post;
- (60) years of age upon appointment;
- Enjoy strong physical and mental health;
- Possess personal integrity, demonstrate transparency in private and public life, be able to command the respect and loyalty of staff, students and other members of the University Community;
- Be computer literate.
Terms and Conditions of Service Applicable to the Post
- The Director, Physical Development, Works and Services shall be on a salary of CONTISS 15.
- Allowances and other fringe benefits shall be as obtainable in Federal University and as may be determined by the Governing Council from time to time.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit 30 type-written copies of their Applications and attached with full Curriculum Vitae prepared in the following order:
- Full names with surname first
- Post sought
- Marital status
- Number & Ages of Children
- Date and Place of birth
- Local Government Area
- State of Origin
- Current contact address, phone numbers & emails
- Permanent home address
- Educational background with dates
- Academic & professional qualifications with dates
- Previous employment, post held with dates
- Present employment, status & salary
- Extra-curricular activities
- List of publications with dates
- Names and addresses of 3 referees
- A two page write up on applicant’s vision & mission for the University.
Applications in sealed envelope marked “Post of Registrar” should be forwarded to:
National Open University of Nigeria,
Plot 91, Cadastral Zone, University Village,
Nnamdi Azikiwe Express Way, Jabi,