Max.ng’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Director of PR and Communication jobs in Not specified
Job Location : Not specified
Deadline : May 29, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
- We are looking for a reliable and seasoned Director of PR and Comms who will design and implement marketing strategies that cultivate our relationships with media, engage our target audience and boost our brand awareness across Africa and beyond.
- You will bring to the table a prodigious writing talent, while also feeling at ease in engaging stakeholders (including media), and overseeing the creation of a range of communication materials (including reports, videos etc.)
- As Director of PR and Communication, you will report to the Chief Marketing Officer and coordinate with internal teams (e.g. Marketing and Communications) to maximize brand awareness among our key stakeholder audiences. You will have the support of an in-house brand and design team within the broader Marketing function, as well as MAX’s contracted PR agency.
- Your role will entail three key focus areas. The first is to support our customer acquisition efforts in our various operating markets, by generating high-quality, relevant media coverage and content for stakeholder engagement (such as materials aimed at Government and Business stakeholders).
- The second area relates to investor communication – ensuring that both current and potential stakeholders regularly get to know of MAX’s mission, journey and impact, and in direct support of our investment fundraising efforts. MAX also actively seeks our relevant grant opportunities and support of global impact funding organizations – who thus also fall into your remit of audiences.
- Finally, you will oversee our organisational storytelling more broadly, supporting our thought leadership across our content pillars by driving the creation of high-impact communication assets – including annual reports, corporate videos and flagship presentation decks aimed at our global stakeholder base.
What You’ll Do
- Measurably build awareness of the MAX brand
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with media and influential stakeholders
- Arrange interviews and press releases to promote our company and its products/services
- Plan and execute relevant physical and digital events to advance the MAX narrative
- Track and influence media coverage
- Report on PR campaigns’ results
- Safeguard trust in the MAX brand by leading our issues management and crisis response efforts
- Take ownership of ongoing communication efforts aimed at current and potential investors and other key stakeholders (including government, media and corporate partners).
- Build and curate a database of MAX’s impact, conveyed through human stories, and core statistics.
- Develop and deliver on a Communication Strategy and Content Plan – leveraging owned and earned media channels, as well as events, conferences and sponsorships / CSI engagement to appropriately position MAX.
- Oversee MAX’s ESG reporting, and efforts required to achieve B-Corp certification.
- Measure and track key performance metrics on digital and offline communication efforts
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends that are relevant to company mission
- Report on quality and reach of coverage
- Track media share of voice, including relative to competitors.
Leadership & Team Building:
- Build a strong team and delegate effectively
- Motivate, develop and inspire an enthusiastic team to achieve remarkable results
- Manage MAX’s communication partner agencies in Africa and globally
- Implement a systematic 1 on 1 feedback and performance review system
- Coach team members to deliver exceptional results.
What You’ll Need
- Degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or relevant field
- At least 8 years of experience in Public Relations (PR) Director, PR Manager or similar role
- Solid experience coordinating successful PR campaigns
- Ability to work in a global context – Previous experience working in high-impact environments is preferred
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with confidence to serve as the company’s spokesperson
- Expert knowledge of social media, online marketing, and internet culture
- Experience in managing delivery through partner agencies
- Ability to conduct market research and present reports
- Proven track record of engagement with C-suite stakeholders
- Strong leadership skills; extensive experience in managing and mobilizing cross-functional teams
- Past track record of recruiting and developing a high performing team
- Passionate about customers and demonstrated experience at building strong relationships
- Understand the diverse nature of different countries i.e., work environments, cultures, market changes,customer behavior etc.
- Futuristic and visionary with an entrepreneurial mindset, agile and adapts quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Data-driven method for decision making using KPIs and metrics.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.