Job title : Deputy Chief of Party Technical
Job Location : Abuja
Deadline : December 20, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
Position Summary & Job Purpose
- Tetra Tech is searching for a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) Technical for an anticipated USAID Empower Nigeria Activity. The DCOP Technical provides technical leadership and expertise related to increasing energy access, developing decarbonization pathways and mobilizing investment in the energy sector.
- The position is a five-year fixed-term appointment with benefits and is contingent upon contract award. Non-Nigerian candidates must be willing to relocate to Abuja, Nigeria for the duration of the project.
- Provide technical leadership and delivery on expected results in Nigeria related to increasing energy access, developing decarbonization pathways and mobilizing investment in the energy sector.
- Manage, supervise and coordinate technical services, prioritize the activities in-country, and provide thought leadership and technical support as needed to accelerate a support activity.
- Regularly liaise with the Power Africa Coordinator’s Office, USAID missions, and other USG agencies, as appropriate.
- Maintain strong relationships with relevant sector stakeholders including multilateral development donors and private sector companies.
- Participate and assist in setting up and undertaking periodic reviews sponsored or requested by clients.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering.
- 10 years of progressively responsible experience in the energy sector, preferably with experience in electricity distribution and transmission system management.
- 5 years of management experience, preferably related to electricity utility management.
- Demonstrated familiarity, and prior experience addressing energy sector challenges in Nigeria.
- Deep experience across the energy value chain, including utility management, energy sector reform, utility performance, clean energy investment and power project development.
- Master’s degree in engineering.
- Experience designing and implementing programs that promote gender equality and women’s empowerment in the energy sector.
- Strong executive presence with an ability to build trusted relationships with partners, customers, lenders, service providers and investors.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Engineering / Technical jobs
- Deputy Chief of Party Technical jobs