- Address: Abraka, Delta state. Nigeria.
About Delta State University’s Job offer
Job title : Registrar
Quick Recommended Links
- The Registrar is the Chief Administrative Officer of the University and is responsible to the Vice Chancellor for the day to day administration of the University, except as regards financial matters for which the Bursar is responsible.
- He is the Secretary to the University Governing Council as well as the custodian of the University documents.
- The candidate must possess a good degree from a recognized University plus at least twenty-three (23) years relevant post-qualification experience, most of which, preferably, should be in University administration.
- Possession of a postgraduate degree would be an advantage.
- Applicants must not be more than 60 years of age at the time of assumption of office.
The person must be:
- Of proven integrity and high moral standard;
- Intellectually and professionally sound and knowledgeable in the rules and regulations of University system as well as in Public Services Rules;
- Loyal to the Chief Executive and the Governing Council and assist effectively in the running of the affairs of the University;
- With good leadership qualities who can inspire, motivate and monitor young administrative officers to be able to contribute their best services towards the development of the University;
- Of excellent physical and mental health;
- Focused, innovative and good team player;
- Computer literate.
In addition, the person must possess adequate leadership experience as well as a high degree of competence, integrity and dependability. Persons below the rank of Deputy Registrar in the University system need not apply.
Conditions of Service
- The appointment shall be for a period of five (5) years on such terms and conditions as may be specified in the letter of appointment and may be renewed for one further period of one (1) year and no more.
- The basic salary attached to the post is CONUSS 15. Other allowances and fringe benefits are as applicable in the Nigerian University System and as may be determined from time to time by the University Governing Council.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates are required to forward 25 copies of typewritten Applications and Curriculum Vitae indicating the following:
- Full Name
- Date and Place of Birth
- State of Origin
- Permanent Home Address
- Current Contact Address
- Marital Status
- Number of Children (with dates of birth)
- Qualifications obtained and institutions attended (with dates)
- Details of Previous and Present Appointments
- Publications (if any)
- Extra-curriculum Activities and
- Names and Addresses of three Referees. (Candidates should request their referees to send reports on them, under confidential cover to the “Registrar” via the address below.
All Applications should be addressed and sent to:
Delta State University,
P.M.B. 1, Abraka,
- Please note that only short-listed candidates will be acknowledged.
- Late applications will not be entertained.