Daystar Power Energy Solution’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Data Analyst
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : August 21, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
Daystar Power Group is looking to engage a competent and experienced Data Analyst with a track record in developing hands-on database systems, performing various complex assignments. He/She must be a strong hands-on Data Analyst and Developer with proven experience in developing technical solutions, developing a Data warehouse and ETL processes for gathering data from all the relevant sources, as well as choosing and implementing automated analysis solutions.
We are seeking a hardworking, motivated, and well-organized individual with a focus on continuous improvement to exceed expectations.
Daystar Power Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit all forms of discrimination and harassment based on race, colour, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Qualified women are encouraged to apply.
- Implementing and using automated tools to extract and analyse data from primary and secondary sources.
- Removing corrupted data and fixing coding errors and related problems.
- Designing, developing, and implementing new ETL processes employing industry standards and best practices to enhance loading of data from and into different sources/ target systems.
- Developing and maintaining databases, data systems reorganizing data in a readable format.
- Performing analysis to assess quality and meaning of data.
- Using statistical tools to identify, analyse, and interpret patterns and trends in complex data sets that could be helpful for the diagnosis and prediction.
- Assigning numerical value to essential business functions so that business performance can be assessed and compared over periods of time.
- Analysing local, national, and global trends that impact both the organization and the industry.
- Preparing reports for the management stating trends, patterns, and predictions using relevant data, giving insights for business decisions.
- Working with engineers and management team to identify process improvement opportunities, propose system modifications, and devise data governance strategies.
- Preparing analysis reports for the stakeholders to understand the data-analysis steps, enabling them to take important decisions based on various facts and trends.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in an analytical related field, including information technology, computer science, and engineering discipline
Experience: 2 years or more experience performing data warehouse architecture development and management
3. Competency and Skills Requirements
- Experience with technologies such as SQL Server 2008, as well as with newer ones like SSIS and stored procedures
- Experience developing codes, testing for quality assurance, and monitoring of database
- High proficiency in dimensional modeling techniques and their applications
- Strong analytical, consultative, and communication skills; as well as the ability to make good judgment and work with both technical and business personnel
- Experience with Microsoft Azure and Amazon AWS computing platforms is a plus
- Experience with Snowflake, Amazon Redshift or similar is a plus
4. Language Proficiency: English
- Rigorous, autonomous, and methodical, the ideal candidate has to have a good sense of organization, a strong analytical mind, and problem-solving skills. In addition, he/she knows how to meet deadlines and are known for your interpersonal skills.
- Good communication skills and ability to lead and work well in teams.
- Highly organized with ability to manage multiple projects in parallel and prioritize competing demands, passion for renewable energy.
- Attention to details and extraordinary oral and written communication skills.
- Willingness to adapt, learn and grow with the company.
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously in a group.
6. Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) report writing and analysis.
- Competitive remuneration package negotiable based on level of experience
- Opportunity to work in a forward-looking, innovative company, with international group of colleagues.
- Unlimited career opportunities – depending on achievements and personal development.
- A competitive salary and benefits package with long term prospect in a fast-growing company.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply online