Job title : Credit Risk Lead jobs in Lagos
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : March 25, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
We are looking to hire a Credit Risk Lead for our client who is an early-stage fintech consumer lending startup.
As the Credit Risk Lead, you will determine our customers’ creditworthiness. You will analyze financial data to assess the likelihood of a borrower honoring their financial obligations. You will play a key role in building and overseeing all aspects of Lending Risk including Credit Risk, Portfolio Risk, Technology Risk and Third Party Risk Management. The successful candidate must have knowledge of structuring risk models to capture exposure, hedge losses, and limit loss liability in lending.
The job holder will implement operational risk management and mitigation processes to avoid losses stemming from inadequate or failed procedures, systems or policies. This person should have the ability to build risk programs appropriate for business objectives. They should have a proven track record of fostering relationships across all levels and operating through influence. They must be a proven leader and manager, able to take charge and act assertively without guidance.
- Developing of key credit policies and risk acceptance criteria
- Leads a team that monitors Lending Risk of customers according to risk appetite statements and thresholds.
- Provides direction and guidance to executives and senior leadership in the area of managing risk.
- Develops and maintains credit policies and guidelines for all products in the entire lending operation.
- Sourcing and negotiating agreements with credit insurance providers
- Builds and uses statistical models to capture and plan around loan pre-approvals and eligibility criteria of borrowers.
- Performs risk assessments, and continuously assesses key risks associated with new business initiatives and changes to processes and activities.
- Prepares and maintains internal and external data gathering for risk analysis and reporting.
- Manages the Operational Risk Management Program, including setting policy & procedures, determining Key Risk and Performance Indicators (KRIs & KPIs), and ongoing reporting to Management.
- Understand key processes and functions within the company in order to effectively challenge the business and help make informed risk based decisions.
- Develops operational risk analytics and reporting, including loss data collection.
- Builds and represents executive dashboards for monthly status of risk management programs.
- Delivers regular risk analysis reports to company executives complete with actionable plans for avoiding or preventing potential threats at all levels.
- Degree or diploma in Accounting, Business, Finance, Statistics, Risk Management or a related field
- 4-7 years’ hands-on experience as a credit analyst
- Extensive experience in risk management, in financial services and lending.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to build programs and think creatively.
- Must have knowledge of risk modelling, risk analysis, statistical models, technology risk, and business continuity.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must possess knowledge of database management, risk metrics, and capital management.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to manage teams.
- Proficient with risk management, auditing techniques, and accounting standards and principles.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as subject of email.
- Accounting / Financial Services jobs
- Credit Risk Lead jobs
- Salary Offer: *********