Peridot Forte Solutions Consulting’s Career and Recruitment Vacancy
Job title : Credit/Recovery Officer jobs in Lagos
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : 30-Sep-21
Quick Recommended Links
Our client in the Financial Sector is looking for a Credit/Recovery Officer to Join her Team
Credit/Recovery Officer is responsible for analyzing new credit requests, the administration and implementation of the loan recovery process. Establish repayment schedules, monitoring repayment of loan, and adherence to installment schedules.
- Review incoming requests to evaluate eligibility, creditworthiness and other risk-mitigating criteria.
- Critically analyze standard and advanced risk matrix to arrive at the final loan decision.
- Ensure all transactions have full and proper documentation.
- Monitor, mitigate report and minimize credit limit excesses, business risks, provisioning, and provide periodic Credit Portfolio Reports daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annually
- Plan courses of action to recover outstanding payments from defaulting customers.
- Locate and contact debtors to demand payments.
- Negotiate payoff deadlines or payment plans.
- Update account status and database regularly.
- Prepare contingency plan to prevent and cope with credit risk to ensure a healthy portfolio.
- Manage loan default and daily monthly issues/exceptions/severity and report same to the appropriate authority.
- Conduct regularly scheduled field and surprise visits to defaulting and regular customers.
- Analyze delinquent accounts and prepare reports on highest risk accounts including recommendations for resolution.
- Work closely with other departmental members to identify current and potential credit risks and develop suitable mitigation/prevention strategies.
- Maintain statistics on recoveries.
- Work closely with Credit and Legal team to ensure synergy and all-time customer satisfaction while ensuring debts are being recovered and paid up.
- Operate in compliance with laws and regulations. Devise customized recovery strategy on a case-by-case basis, reducing the non-performing loans owed by customers.
- Minimizing customer response times by issuing reminder notices and customer statements and monitoring collection of loan in a timely manner.
- Establish repayment schedules, monitoring repayment of loan, and adherence by debtors to installment schedules.
- BSc in Accounting, Banking & Finance, Economics, Statistics and other related field.
- 4 – 5 yearsÛª experience in recovery in a financial sector.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Good time management.
- Strong communication skills and excellent telephone etiquette.
- Proactive and ability to take initiative.
- Ability to work within a team as well as independently.
*Credit/Recovery Officer jobs in Nigeria
*Accounting / Financial Services jobs in Lagos
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as subject of email.
*Accounting / Financial Services jobs in Nigeria