Engie Africa’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Credit Operations & Risk Manager jobs in Lagos
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : November 29, 2021
Quick Recommended Links
Department: Customer Finance
Reporting line: Head of Customer Finance
Job Purpose / Mission
- The Customer Finance Team plays a pivotal role in ensuring the overall success of our largely unbanked customers in completing their loans and getting continued access to clean, reliable energy.
- Engie Energy Access is looking for an Operations & Risk Manager who will ensure that we have the right policies, processes and controls in place to best serve our customers and manage both credit risk in general and credit operations activities.
- The role holder will be a key leader in combatting customer and field team fraud and product tamper in the field.
- He/She will work closely with the Customer Finance, Commercial, Customer Experience and Operations teams to make sure that we highlight areas of risk in our customer credit cycle, and collaborate closely with the Customer Finance Management to build strong systems and processes that effectively mitigate these risks.
Responsibilities, Deliverables and Activities
- Risk Monitoring and Compliance
- Stakeholder Management
- System Design & Continuous Operational Improvement
- Overall Monitoring and Reporting
Risk Monitoring and Compliance:
- Work with the Head of Customer Finance and other teams inside and outside of Customer Finance to develop robust and permanent compliance monitoring framework following well-defined processes and standards (e.g., audits on sales, home visits or overdue calls)
- Lead the generation of monthly risk and compliance reports for local management and global Customer Finance Compliance manager and make recommendations on how and where compliance and processes can be improved and provide guidance on what resources are needed to implement the recommended mitigation strategy
- Identify root causes of operational non-compliance incl. Fraud and work with the Head of Customer Finance, the Call Center Manager and field team management to create action plans to address these areas
- Work with Head of Customers Finance and the Global Customer Finance Team to make recommendations on credit risk limits and tolerance thresholds across different products, business units (regions, districts, etc.), teams or team members, etc., monitor performance against those limits, and support action plan development for mitigation.
- Own and maintain the Customer Finance policies and procedures
- Ensure that all policies and procedures have a. plan in place for monitoring compliance and take the lead on ensuring the monitoring is implemented and reported.
- Communicate on a regular basis with Management & Customer Finance Central Team to ensure alignment and support for country strategies
- Driving development and implementation of credit culture, inherent principles, and values in alignment with ENGIEÛªs purpose, principles, and values.
System Design & Continuous Operational Improvement:
- Identifying gaps in the current systems or areas for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of existing Customer Finance related processes
- Lead the operationalization of new systems and process getting buy-in from the implementing team and ensuring they have the right tools and support to successfully roll out
- Ensure that all current standards and processes are well documented, regularly updated, and made available to applicable team members for reference and development of training materials.
Customer Finance Operations, Monitoring and Support:
- Monitor performance and report on performance of all Customer Finance activity
- Work closely with Commercial, CX and CF teams to align on ambitious but achievable targets for Customer Finance activities in and out of the field
- Help foster and encourage a ÛÏculture of creditÛ, understanding of and compliance to standards and performance management against credit KPIs amongst the field team and get regular feedback and ideas from this team to improve how we run our operations
- HND / B.Sc Degree or Diploma in Banking, Finance, Accounting, or related field.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 3 – 5 years professional experience in Risk Management, Portfolio Management and Operations.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience using data analysis tools e.g. Excel, SQL, Python/R etc to analyze processes / performance and make suggestions & improvements is a big plus
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills, attention to details and able to assess risk while protecting the interest of customers and the business.
- Ability to develop action plans to achieve work outputs, identify resources required, and implement the action plan.
- Experience in delivering training to large groups; designing the material, coordinating the participants and venue, facilitating the session, and following up with the participants for assessment.
- Exceptional judgement, problem-solving skills, and ability to ÛÏThink Big & Make it HappenÛ both independently and collaboratively.
- Deep empathy for the customer and commitment to inclusivity, consumer protection, & responsible financial services within the context of creating a profitable, scalable enterprise.
- Commitment to spending time in the field to support and mentor field teams.
*Accounting / Financial Services jobs in Nigeria
*Accounting / Financial Services jobs in Lagos
*Credit Operations & Risk Manager in Lagos
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified Candidates should Click here to Apply online