1 week ago
Job title : Country Security Intern
Job Location : Borno
Deadline : June 22, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Security Intern will work under the supervision of the iMMAP Nigeria Country Security Advisor (CSA) and work with the security team in-country to ensure the safety and security of all in-country staff.
- The primary function of the Security Intern is to provide assistance to the CSA on all safety and security issues, as they relate to staff and programs.
- The Intern will support the monitoring and assessment of local security conditions and make recommendations to the CSA.
- In the absence of CSA, the Intern will liaise and coordinate timely and efficiently with the Country Representative regarding security incidents, threats, or deficiencies that potentially could affect operations.
- The Intern will monitor the security situation in Borno and have a good knowledge of the context.
- The Intern will register security incidents and participate in data cleaning to support the CSA in producing various security reports.
- The Intern will assist with the development, implementation, and review of safety and security policies and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- The Intern will update the Communication Tree document regularly.
- The Intern will inspect fire alarms, fire extinguishers, and first aid boxes and maintain them periodically and as needed.
- The Intern will monitor the surveillance system, access control, and prevent the entry of unauthorized people and vehicles to iMMAP offices.
- The Intern will update the Emergency Contact list as and when needed.
- Maintain effective and positive internal contacts with iMMAP in-country associates, officers, and staff, and external contacts with national and local government officials, international non-governmental organizations (NGOs), media, and the public.
- Follow iMMAP’s branding regulations required for marking, or branding, of all iMMAP products and correspondence.
Reporting, Monitoring and Evaluation
- The Security Intern will report directly to the Country Security Advisor.
To be considered for an internship at iMMAP, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Considerable practical experience in managing security in complex contexts and high-risk environments.
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience with demonstrated knowledge and understanding of working in the safety and security sector.
- Previous experience working in an international non-governmental organization is preferred.
- Needs to have good English communication skills (written and verbal), and fluent in the local languages (Hausa and Kanuri).
- A high level of integrity and accountability
- Able to motivate staff to adhere to safety and security regulations, processes and procedures.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret and Analyse data and translate it into effective information.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to work well in a small team, operate under pressure, prioritize, and deliver high-quality work within deadlines, and meet team objectives.
- Able to provide a clear Criminal Record Check.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Graduate Trainee/ Internship /siwes jobs
- Country Security Intern jobs
Email Me Jobs Like These
Showing 1–0 of 0 jobs