Job title : Country Field Lead, Nigeria Soil Value Project (Component 2: Integrate)
Job Location : Kano
Deadline : February 22, 2024
Quick Recommended Links
- As part of our new 2030 strategic plan, SNV aims for a world where, in all societies, everyone lives with dignity and has a fair chance to thrive sustainably. Its mission is to build capacity and increase partnerships that transform agri-food, energy and water systems, enabling more sustainable and equitable living conditions for all.
- SNV is positioning itself for an upcoming 10-year project that will focus on soil fertility in Burkina Faso, Niger, Nigeria and Mali, funded by DGIS (Dutch cooperation) and implemented by IFDC lead of the consortium.
- The overall objective of the programme is formulated as follows: “By 2033, sustainable soil fertility management will be a pillar of Sahelian agricultural systems and boost food systems in an ecologically sustainable way”.
- Soil Values aims to support the large-scale adoption of proven technologies and approaches, ensuring social inclusion, that improve soil fertility on 2.0 million hectares of arable land for 1.5 million smallholder food producers in 40 watersheds.
- SNV is looking for a Country Field Lead of the Component 2: “Integrated Territorial Governance” of the Soil Value Project, who will operate from the project office in Kano, and work under the supervision of the multi country Chief Component Lead who is based in Abuja.
- The Field Lead will be part of the technical team in Kano together with IFDC field staff, and will work alongside SNV’s Gender Specialist who will also be located in Kano.
- The Countries Field Leads will be responsible for the execution and quality of Component 2 activities in Nigeria, oversee implementation by our partners, and work with authorities and other stakeholders at local and national level; supervising the procurement or grant agreements; approving of component budgets; monitoring of expenditures; supervising the execution of field operations, consolidating monitoring and evaluation; and providing quality control of deliverables, within established timelines.
Key responsibilities include:
- Partnership: Build, strengthen, and manage partnerships with local and national governments, land commissions, civil society, producer organizations, private sector, institutions, and stakeholders; Guide, develop, coach, and motivate partners’ teams
- Management of procurement or grant agreements: Manage and report on the full compliance of the administrative, financial and HR components with SNV’s internal procedures, good partnership practices and donor requirements; approve of partners’ budgets and monitor of expenditures.
- Component Quality Assurance: Ensure the quality of deliverables and ensure sufficient technical input to meet quality standards; Supervise the execution of field operations within established timelines.
- Analysis and reporting: Ensure the collection, consolidation, and review of information on the component at national level, in accordance with the monitoring and evaluation guidelines of the consortium and SNV.
- Knowledge Development: Contribute to internal and external knowledge development, through comprehensive documentation and sharing of ideas and results of the component in coordination with country teams.
- University Degree (licence or master’s degree) in the field of rural development (agrifood, pastoralism, economy, sociology, geography …).
- 3 years of experience in planning, monitoring, and reporting of project in the field of integrated spatial planning, or community watershed development, or climate-smart agriculture, or agropastoral resource management or gender equity and social inclusion.
- Proven experience of working in consortiums, with good communication and meeting skills, experience working with public administration and local implementing partners.
- Tools to target specific vulnerable groups like women, young, and pastoralist.
- Interest for working with local partners in remote areas in a conflict-sensitive way.
- Excellent intercultural leadership, coaching, communication, and networking skills.
- Good writing and presentation skills in English.
- Ability to travel frequently around the project operational areas – approx. 50%
- Preselection on file – Written test – Interviews
Conditions of Employment
- This is a full-time national position based in Kano with regular travels inside country.
- The successful candidates will be hired for a contract of 2 years, with the possibility of renewal.
- The salary is competitive and proportional to qualifications and experience and includes a competitive benefits package.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Administrative / Management jobs
- Country Field Lead, Nigeria Soil Value Project (Component 2: Integrate) jobs