Action Against Hunger | ACF-International’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Country Director jobs in Abuja
Job Location : Abuja
Deadline : May 21, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
- As Country Director you are responsible for overseeing the development, funding and implementation of the country strategy and the growth of program portfolio that effectively addresses the underlying causes and effects of malnutrition in line with ACF’s values, programming principles, and strategy.
- You also ensure that systems / procedures are in place and being properly implemented, and that they ensure the proper management, well being and safety of ACF staff, and the proper use of ACF resources.
- You will spend a lot of time working on advocacy, representation with donors, diplomats and Nigerian authorities. ACF is very well recognized by donors and the international community for its role in North East Nigeria. It gives a special role to ACF in terms of advocating for a principled humanitarian response.
More specifically you :
- Lead the implementation of the 2025 country strategy
- Develop and adapt on a permanent basis ACF programs to the humanitarian context in North East Nigeria and develop programming in other States (North West, other to be dertemined) to help health and other states’ services fight under nutrition
- Lead the whole team (370 staff), 9 person are under your direct management line
- Represent ACF in coordination bodies and participate in advocacy efforts to make sure that a principled humanitarian response takes place
- Are responsible for the ACF team security and staff care
- Ensure a positive collaboration between field team and HQ teams
- You hold a Master degree in development studies or in management. You show at least 8 years of humanitarian experience including in conflict setting with 5 years of senior management or leadership experience, including team leadership. You also have 3 years of successful previous experience as Country Director. You show excellent organizational and interpersonal skills. You are known for your excellent negotiation skills, and political astuteness as well as your excellent adaptation and culturally sensitivity skills. You also have a significant experience with external representation and promotion of programs with stakeholders and potential donors, and are able to generate goodwill towards the program with the intention of raising funds and the country grant portfolio. You are experienced in managing security in a volatile environment. Fluent spoken and written English skills.
SPECIFIC CONDITIONS / SALARY
- 24 months fixed term contract under French legislation
- Monthly gross salary from 2800 to 3300EUR upon experience
- Monthly per diem and living allowance: 657EUR net, field paid
- Monthly country allowance: 150EUR
- Child allowance: 1500EUR per year per child present in the country of origin (maximum 6000EUR/year)
- 16% of the gross monthly salary for pension insurance reimbursement for non-French citizens
- Transportation and accommodation: Coverage of transportation costs and guest house
- Medical coverage: 100% coverage of health contributions (social security + health insurance) and repatriation insurance
- Leaves and RnR: 25 days of paid leaves per year, 20 RnR per year and 215 EUR at each RnR period
- Training: Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©
- Family Status
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply online