Job title : Corporate Finance & Accounting Manager
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : March 08, 2024
Quick Recommended Links
DRYVA Logistics (www.dryva.africa) is an integrated logistics company, providing end to end supply chain management solutions. Our portfolio covers Third Party Logistics, E-Commerce Logistics and Warehousing. We are building a team of talents who can grow fast into team leadership.
Investment Activities, Fund Raising & Board
- Conduct business research and develop financial models and analysis for areas the company has investments interests in.
- Coordinate the company’s deal / transaction structure and fund-raising projects.
- Develop investment policy, manage the enterprise valuation, analyse investment opportunities and prepare investment proposals for management consideration and decision-making; Work with company CEO in defining investment criteria
- Define the appropriate liquidity levels that the business should maintain.
- Support in the preparation of investment marketing materials e.g. teasers, term sheets and information memoranda; Partnership (PPP) transaction structure (e.g. joint ventures), request for proposals etc. Preparation of investment documentation (investment proposals, presentations, information memoranda, pre-qualification memorandum, term-sheets, etc.)
- Evaluate investment proposals, and commercial transactions (local & foreign) to determine funding needs and sources.
- Analyse financial statements to assess business health / performance and provide strategic guidance for management as well as propose corrective actions.
- Prepare board papers for use in board / board-committee meetings, and monthly management updates
- Develop investor relations charter and strategy for use by the business in engaging key institutional investors.
- Lead short term and long-term financial planning
- Carry our investment appraisal for new investments, as well as capital budgeting.
- Carry out company analysis to determine capital requirement and enable capital structure decision, as well as business analysis for investment decision
- Oversee treasury management to ensure effective use of available cash and advising on how to reduce the cost of funds in order to attain maximum returns on excess cash.
- Improve management information system to ensure the possibility of drill-down, extracting, analysing and interpreting data to assist in the managerial decision process
- Contribute to competitive bid proposals and formal presentations
- Liaise with all parties involved in transactions and assist with negotiations
Operating Activities / Financial Planning & Reporting / Pricing & Cost Accounting
- Work with the CEO to ensure business activities and operations are profitable
- Develop annual operating budgets / forecasts as well as all project budgets and oversees them; ensure all unit heads are held to account to operate in line with the unit budget. Full variance analysis and corrective action plans are provided on a periodic basis (e.g. monthly/quarterly)
- Produce full sets (income statement, balance sheet and cashflow statements) of periodic management account and other financial documents for the management of the company in accordance with the prevailing policies and procedures, running full variance analysis, financial ratios and detailed note to the accounts to give actionable perspectives to the numbers
- Manage the overall accounting and bookkeeping for the organization including accounts payable and receivable, and capital assets, banking, tax and payroll functions / fringe benefit computations.
- Creating financial models to evaluate performance of business units, as well as carry out customer, competitor, and cost analyses
- Ensure all expenses are within assigned cost or profit centre budget and verify the completeness of all required supporting documentation for all payment vouchers
- Generate pricing for all company transactions and bids.
- Work with the CFO to deploy best in class cost accounting tools to ensure clarity of cost bases and provide clarity on cost optimization opportunities, and revenue generating schemes
- Maintain integrity of data/numbers at all times. Ensure completeness, correctness and accuracy of accounting records and transactions in the financial accounting systems in compliance with IFRS and other relevant accounting practices
- Ensure proper filing of source documents and records relating to the operations of every business unit.
- Ensure timely and accurate monthly and year end closure of accounts, including bank reconciliation, accounting month and year close schedules (inventory, receivables, payables, loans, prepayments, deferred income, asset register), and submit reports to the CEO.
- Ensuring the correct filing of monthly tax returns including VAT, PAYE & WHT returns as well as timely remittance of other statutory deductions such as pension deductions.
- Ensure justified bank selection process, open/close bank accounts under the authority of the CEO
- Oversee the management of bank accounts.
- Assisting in investigating and resolving queries relating to invoices.
- Work with the CFO on tax matters, and lead a team of analysts for Finance & Accounting operations.
- Liaise with company’s lawyers, financial experts and regulatory bodies.
Systems, Polices, Controls & Audit
- Lead the company’s financial accounting, reporting and control activities, and ensuring these are carried out efficiently and line with best practice and statutory requirements.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Prepare and report businesses of subsidiaries, franchisees and affiliates where applicable
- Manage the annual audit process in conjunction with the appointed external auditors to ensure statutory accounts are produced within the required timelines.
- Ensure timely preparation of Audited Financial Statements (AFS) and the timely filing of the AFS with the relevant statutory agencies.
- Present oral and written reports from time to time
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
- Minimum of a second Class upper in Accounting and / or Finance from a reputable university (exceptional HND candidates will be considered)
- Professional qualification (e.g. CFA, ACCA, ACA, ICAN), MBA or equivalent postgraduate management degree will be an advantage
- Cognate 5-11 years’ work experience
- Ability to prepare and maintain full set of management accounts
- Practical financial modelling / forecast skills and strong understanding of tax issues
- Excellent use of modern accounting software such as SAGE, ERP, etc.
- Excellent organizational, problem solving and communication skills
- Excellent mathematical and numerical skills
How to Apply for this Offer
- Accounting / Financial Services jobs
- Corporate Finance & Accounting Manager jobs