Job title : Corporate Communications and Branding Team Lead
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : February 20, 2024
Quick Recommended Links
- Provide oversight on all activities aimed at promoting the organization’s corporate image and manage the organization’s interface with the media, other corporate entities, and the public/society at large. Ensure that internal and external communication activities are in line with corporate communications policies and ensure that internal and external communication activities are in line with corporate communications policies and procedures as well as national/ international media standards.
- Develop proactive reputation management campaign strategies to elevate brand awareness and reputation as well as diffuse negative news and/or category situations, developing reactive media statements and mitigating risk through the development and execution of a proactive crisis plan.
- The position will actively participate and support the management team to ensure the quality of communications with internal and external stakeholders.
- Champion the articulation of the brand strategy of the Quest Oil Group and its related entities in line with the overall organizational objective.
- Participate in the development and execution of a comprehensive brand and marketing communication plan that supports the strategic plans and meets the organization’s financial and non-financial goals.
- Demonstrate ownership of and communicate the department’s strategic direction and objectives to all staff.
- Coordinate the execution of all work programs and plans of all other units and also for the Corporate Communications and Branding Team Unit.
- Champion the definition of the Unit’s processes, policies, and procedures.
- Keep abreast of local and global best practices and make recommendations to Senior Management on how they impact the unit’s role.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead crisis response efforts for internal and external audiences including coordinating recommendations and messaging and the development and execution of a proactive crisis plan.
Corporate Communication and Branding
- Serve as the custodian of the corporate brand image ensuring consistent projection of the company and its affiliates’ brand across all spheres of the business.
- Provide strategic advice to the business to ensure all operations and practices reflect positively the company’s brand.
- Champion the institutionalization of the various brands across all spheres including organizational culture, work ethics, etc.
- Champion the articulation of tactics to continuously sustain/ improve the organization’s brand and market positioning.
- Facilitate and champion campaigns to exploit market opportunities that reflect and align with various brands and values.
- Oversee the development and production of high-quality, cost-effective, and competitive branding activities for Quest Oil Group and its affiliate companies.
- Coordinate and ensure the development and implementation of effective media/public relations and crisis management systems and processes.
- Manage all aspects of the company’s nationwide and international media relations strategy, including handling media queries, interviews, and press conferences.
- Ensure all internal and external communications are consistent with the various company’s brand positioning.
- Oversee and coordinate the day-to-day activities of the department and ensure alignment with the overall goals and objectives of the department.
- Coordinate the preparation and compilation of agreed periodic activity and performance reports for the attention of Senior Management.
- Manage the overall media relations program for the company and serve as a first-line interface between the company and key stakeholders in local and international print, electronic, and social media.
- Aggressively pursue positive media coverage for all entities and develop effective strategies to manage/mitigate negative coverage.
- Supervise the planning, organizing, and convening of corporate and social events (e.g. press conferences, media briefings, etc.) for all entities.
- Oversee the implementation of approved Corporate Social Responsibility and community development strategies and initiatives.
- Plan and manage the human and material resources of the unit to optimize performance, and morale and enhance productivity.
- Provide leadership and guidance to team members and manage subordinates’ performance towards the achievement of overall team objectives.
- Manage the periodic update of all media platforms including websites, blogs, social media pages, etc.
- Facilitate the periodic graphic design requirements across media platforms based on own skill and where approved external resources
- Liaise with the sales teams and other relevant parties to determine customer needs and translate research activities into appropriate products/ services for customers
- Champion the introduction of new products/ services to identified target market segment
- Develop and implement a marketing strategy for the group’s products/services
- Champion the marketing research activities and supervise the analysis of data gathered
- Interpret data gathered and translate it into profitable marketing strategies
- Liaise with the sales team to develop promotional activities for new and existing products/services
- Champion product performance assessment initiatives and recommend solutions for product improvement
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (Degree in Design, Fine Arts, or related field is a plus).
- MCP in view is a plus
- 4 – 6 years relevant experience of which at least two (2) years must have been in a brand and corporate communication role
- Experience in communication and brand management.
- Branding and graphics experience/background
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent communication and networking skills.
- Good leadership and people management skills
- Good presentation and negotiation skills
- Strategic and planning skills
- Good understanding of product development and marketing
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Experience in management of complex, multi-stakeholder projects and achieving goals on time and within budget.
- Service and goal-oriented.
- Innovative and proactive personality.
- Excellent writing skills
- Time and organization management
How to Apply for this Offer
If qualified and interested, kindly send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Media / Advertising / Branding jobs
- Corporate Communications and Branding Team Lead jobs