Job title : Contract Manager
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : December 20, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
- The Contract Manager working under the operational direction of the Legal & Contract Management, function has responsibility for assisting the Project teams on contractual and commercial matters relating to the administration and execution of projects and of the various contractual relationships related thereto including towards the customer, consortium or collaborative partners and vendors and may be requested to support tendering activities and contract negotiations.
- Support the project execution start-up, including the provision of a contract analysis to the project team and preparation of the Project Commercial Execution Plan.
- Responsibility for management and administration of assigned project contractual activities from Hand Over from ITO until all relevant contractual obligations are complete and all relevant contractual issues are resolved/settled.
- Identification of customer/consortium partner and any third party obligations and the implementation of the Project Commercial Execution Plan and Contract Commercial Plan, including the Project claim management strategy for the concerned projects.
- Ensuring that project filing systems, risk, events and claim registers are established, that contemporaneous records are correctly maintained and that contractual notifications and correspondence is issued correctly and on time.
- Working with Project planners/schedulers to ensure that the main contract schedule/programme correctly reflects and cross-references contract and project terminology and that subcontract schedules/programmes are maintained.
- Supporting the analysis and identification of project risks and opportunities including any potential impediments to, or possibilities to improve cash flow wherever possible.
- Managing contractual and commercial procedures such as change orders and variations, as well as claims to customers, consortium partners, subcontractors and suppliers and the coordination of the defense to any claims from such parties for the SSA Projects
- Managing relevant procedures relating to Project Insurances, including the compilation of data and evidence in support of the submission, monitoring, and settlement of insurance claims in accordance with the Project insurance policies.
- Providing guidance and support to the Project team on general contractual issues and where necessary referring to specialist functions such as legal, corporate insurance, tax, finance etc.
- Providing guidance, leadership, and support to the Project team in the negotiation of claims settlements with customers, suppliers, and consortium partners and providing support as required to the project and legal teams in the event of actual or potential arbitral or litigation proceedings.
- Undertaking any other contractual/commercial tasks as instructed/requested by Project Manager/Director and/or Legal and Contract Management.
- Guide and/or supervise Lead Specialist and Specialist Contract Management professionals working on the Project team as may be required
- Help the continued development of the Contract Management discipline by leading and participating in broader initiatives across the function
- Technical or legal background with extensive experience in contract administration in project execution (preferably EPC projects)
- Strong knowledge of FIDIC and NEC contracts is a plus
- Experienced in SSA regional dynamics and industry practice
- Highly ethical and strong mentoring skills on compliance matters
- Site experience preferably on Power EPC or Oil & Gas
- Financial assertiveness.
- People management and development capability.
- Resilient and full conversable with site issues, managing site people and anticipated site needs.
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in the role’s location
- Proven ability to build and lead a team of professional staff, and utilize the talent and expertise of team members in a productive way;
- Good listener with demonstrated ability to present and win support for ideas as well as make effective and timely decisions; Capacity to initiate and manage innovations and change.
- Familiarity with project management and project identification procedures in Development Finance Institutions multilateral organizations
- Ability to communicate effectively in English with a working knowledge of the other. A good command used software (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite for word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and presentations) Knowledge of IT tools; knowledge of SAP is desirable
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Administrative / Management jobs
- Contract Manager jobs